Academic Technology Consultation
Technology moves at a rapid pace. We are dedicated to keeping up with current technologies, specifically technologies that can be utilized in an academic setting to support teaching and learning. Our goal is to provide you with advice and recommendations on all types of academic technologies. CTE's academic technology consultant can:
Academic Technology Consulting Examples
- Help conceptualize, discover and implement various technologies into your curriculum.
- Aid you in discovering and evaluating apps, websites, research software and all forms of digital content.
- Educate you in the use of audio/video recording devices, screen capture software, and software programs.
- Enhance your ability to create multimedia content using software such as Keynote, Photoshop, iBooks Author
- Support all aspects of your electronic course content delivery on D2L and iTunes U course manager.
- Assist you with your online academic presence using wordpress, website tools or academia.edu.
We have worked with faculty on a variety of academic technology projects. Here are a few examples of questions we receive:
"I would like for my students to use the first day of class to discuss their understanding and experience with the learning goals of the course. The problem is we will not meet the first day so this would need to happen in D2L."
"I want my students to project their iPad screens for the rest of class to see while they talk about their solution to the problem in class. Is there a way to do this?"
"Is there something I can use to redraw diagrams from original texts? I have several sketches on paper and scans of the pages but need something more precise and professional."
If you would like to arrange an academic technology consultation, please contact The Center for Teaching Excellence.