Welcome! OKDHS Child Welfare Training Program Website
Current News & Information
Exciting changes are coming!
The CW Training Website is being updated and is expected to launch in January of 2018. Along with this make over, we are getting an updated LMS. This means that we have to move enrollments from KIDS to the new LMS.
What this means for you:
- We need to temporarily restrict users from enrolling themselves into classes. This is only because we need to enroll participants in the new system and we want to ensure we capture everyone appropriately.
- The dates of restricted enrollment are from January 2 - 31, 2018.
- If you have a class you need to enroll in, please email the Child Welfare Training folder and we can help to get you enrolled in the identified class.
- When the new LMS is ready to launch, we will provide instructions via a link on the website to assist you with any questions. the transition is expected to be seamless and we don't anticipate any user issues; however, we know that sometimes issues arise and we want to make sure that you have the resources available in case there are questions.
Thank you for your patience during this time and again, if you have any questions, please feel free to email the Child Welfare Training folder so that we can help answer those. Happy Holidays!
For a complete list of courses approved for CEU's, please visit the following page: CEU's for Social Work Licensure
Anyone needing information for New Worker, Mentor or Supervisor Certification please CLICK HERE. Information can also be found on the Certification page.
Critical Stress Debriefings: All requests for Critical Stress Debriefings should be directed to Jamie Savage
- Participants will need to have TWO WEEKS in the office prior to attending CORE and have completed the CORE Enrollment Packet.
- Please refer to the Supervisor Mentor Guide for the most updated information.
- Enroll Online ENROLLMENT FORMS MUST BE COMPLETED before enrollments are confirmed.
Online Training - DHS Learning Management System
Certification Program for Child Welfare Specialists I-IV
Pinnacle Plan Point 3 Initiative 17: By September 1, 2013, OKDHS will develop and implement a certification program for child welfare specialists I-IV, which will require staff to demonstrate necessary skills and knowledge to obtain and maintain certification. Certification will be required prior to moving to the next level. This program compliments competency exams required of new child welfare specialists, ensures all staff achieve certain competencies before advancing to the next level, and provides ongoing training to ensure all staff maintain the necessary skills and knowledge to meet the needs of children and families. It is imperative that staff not only comply with annual training requirements but also take the initiative to identify areas where extra training is needed to improve personal performance. Multiple trainings are offered to staff to improve knowledge and skill level in a variety of critical areas that are essential to meeting the needs of children and families.
Contract Performance Reviewer (CPR) Training - contact CQI at 405-522-0330 for dates and to sign up.
In coordination with the DHS CW Training staff, the Center on Child Abuse and Neglect provides competency based training for Oklahoma Department of Human Services Child Welfare Specialists and Supervisors. A comprehensive program for new workers and experienced staff is offered for professional development. Training is offered on several levels and is appropriate to a level of experience. Enrollment is processed through the OKDHS KIDS system.