Welcome! OKDHS Child Welfare Training Program Website
Current News & Information
Certification Program for Child Welfare Specialists I-IV
Pinnacle Plan Point 3 Initiative 17: By September 1, 2013, OKDHS will develop and implement a certification program for child welfare specialists I-IV, which will require staff to demonstrate necessary skills and knowledge to obtain and maintain certification. Certification will be required prior to moving to the next level. This program compliments competency exams required of new child welfare specialists, ensures all staff achieve certain competencies before advancing to the next level, and provides ongoing training to ensure all staff maintain the necessary skills and knowledge to meet the needs of children and families. It is imperative that staff not only comply with annual training requirements but also take the initiative to identify areas where extra training is needed to improve personal performance. Multiple trainings are offered to staff to improve knowledge and skill level in a variety of critical areas that are essential to meeting the needs of children and families.
Critical Stress Debriefings: All requests for Critical Stress Debriefings should be directed to Jamie Savage
- Participants will need to have FOUR WEEKS in the office prior to attending CORE and have completed the CORE Enrollment Packet.
- Please refer to the Supervisor Mentor Guide for the most updated information.
- Enroll Online ENROLLMENT FORMS MUST BE COMPLETED before enrollments are confirmed.
- Two-day testing following CORE.
- Please note this testing if missed, may not be rescheduled.
- H.O.T. Handbook
ICWA Training - MAY 2013
- CW 6144 Region I (Garfield County Office) May 17, 2013 / 9am - 12pm
- CW 6444 Region IV (Pittsburg County Office) May 24, 2013 / 9am - 12pm
New Class - Contract Performance Reviewer (CPR) Training - contact CQI at 405-522-0330 for dates and to sign up.
Online Training - D2L (Desire to Learn) Look for Trainings made available online.
In coordination with the DHS CW Training staff, the Center on Child Abuse and Neglect provides competency based training for Oklahoma Department of Human Services Child Welfare Specialists and Supervisors.
A comprehensive program for new workers and experienced staff is offered for professional development. Training is offered on several levels and is appropriate to a level of experience. Enrollment is processed through the OKDHS KIDS system.