- Tribal Liaison Office
- Freshman Diversity Experience
- Diversity Education and Training
- Grants and Scholarships
- Leadership Initiative
- Diversity and Inclusivity Academic Council
- Diversity Liaisons
- Campus Resources
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- Student Resources
- Alumni Resources
- Bias Reporting
- News and Events
Diversity and Inclusion
"We must come together across all races, beliefs and identities. We can only be great if we are diverse and inclusive to all."
- Interim President Joseph Harroz, Jr.
While much is still to be done, progress has been made since February 2019 in implementing the University Diversity & Inclusion Plan. Find out what current initiatives are in progress.
21 Colleges and Departments from across the Univesity of Oklahoma have put together reports detailing their plans for diversity and inclusion efforts in their respective areas.
We Are Campaign
The We Are campaign is designed to establish a campus-wide movement centered around community and togetherness. We need your voice to help build a more diverse, equitable and inclusive culture.
Using a Theory of Change methodology, this roadmap provides the basis for strategic plans where actions are aligned to desired outcomes and metrics to benchmark progress.
To enhance OU's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, recognize and respect the essential worth of each individual and value differences amongst groups. We commit to building a welcoming and supportive campus environment where each individual feel welcomed, valued, and supported for success.
To become the leading voice in inclusive excellence.
We aspire to be the pacesetter institution in our commitment to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive community where diversity is embraced, celebrated, and equity and inclusion are weaved into the fabric of our university community.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion will continue to be the point of contact and arbiter of engagement, discourse, information, interaction, outreach and leadership in the mission of diversity and inclusivity at the University of Oklahoma.
The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by embracing each person’s unique contributions, background, and perspectives.
The University recognizes that fostering an inclusive environment for all, with particular attention to the needs of historically marginalized populations, is vital to the pursuit of excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission. This enhances the OU experience for all students, faculty and staff, and for the communities that we engage.
1. Cultivate an inclusive campus climate.
2. Improve recruitment, hiring, and retention of faculty and staff from historically underrepresented groups in support of the Affirmative Action Plans.
3. Improve recruitment and retention of undergraduate and graduate students from historically underrepresented groups.
4. Create an enhanced learning environment based on diversity and inclusion.
5. Strengthen institutional shared infrastructure to achieve diversity goals.