Bias Response Committee
The purpose of the Bias Response Committee (BRC) is to evaluate and deliberate on bias and discrimination reports that are received through the 24hr hotline or are reported through other campus protocol. The BRC will review and provide guidance to Office of Diversity and Inclusion and other collaborating units on how to deal with specific incident reports as well serve as an advisory body on education and awareness on inclusive environments in and outside the classroom.
The University of Oklahoma is committed to building a welcoming and supportive campus environment where each individual feel welcomed, valued, and supported for success.
- Dr. Heather Shotton, Associate Professor Native American Studies
- Dianne Brittingham, Director of Residence Life
- Dr. Ben Keppel, Professor, Department of History
- Dr. Sherri Irvin, Associate Dean of the Graduate College
- Quy Nguyen, Senior Associate Director, Student Life
- Elizabeth Woollen, Chief of Police, OUPD
Office of Diversity and Inclusion Staff
- Dr. Jane Irungu, Interim Vice President – Convener
- Monique Ramirez, Director of Student Engagement & Experience – Chair
- Carrie McClain – Assistant Vice President, Office of Diversity and Inclusion – HSC
24 Hour Reporting Hotline
In light of incidents on other campuses and to further enhance responsiveness, the University of Oklahoma has established a 24-hour Reporting Hotline. The hotline will serve as an added protection for OU students, handling reports of bias, discrimination, physical or mental harassment or misconduct by OU community members.
Access the 24-hour Hotline: