Register with Disability Resource Center
Before registering with DRC
- Meet all admission and academic standards
- Formal admission to the University of Oklahoma
Process to Register with the Disability Resource Center
- Self-Identify as a student with a disability and submit documentation to the Disability Resource Center. In Higher Education, it your responsibility as a student to self identify as an individual with a disability. Information regarding documentation can be found at Documentation Guidelines.
- Once your documentation has been received, it will be reviewed within 5-15 business days. Please check your OU email account regularly because this is how we will contact you once your documentation has been reviewed.
- If there is a need for additional documentation, this information will be provided in the email you receive from DRC. If, during the initial appointment an accommodation requested does not clearly describe the relationship between the barrier and how an accommodation would provide access, additional information may be requested at the students' expense.
- When you receive an email from DRC, please follow instructions on the email.
- During the initial appointment, DRC staff and the student will engage in an interactive process to discuss your previous educational experience, past use of accommodations, and what has been effective in providing access. Students will also be introduced to their rights and responsibilities in postsecondary education.
- Accommodations are then developed to promote an equal educational opportunity.