OWP In-service can be created in the format that works best for your school and teachers. Some options are district professional development days, after-school meetings, and with small groups of teachers during the school day. Oklahoma Writing Project charges $250 an hour plus mileage outside the Oklahoma City metro area. If the school is more than 2.5 hours away, hotel accommodations may be included for morning presentation times. Please contact Audra Plummer, Co-Director of In-Service, to create a professional development plan for your school.
Every OWP In-service Presentation will Include:
- Student Samples
- Handouts of Materials Presented
- Current Research
- Active Participation of Audience
- Writing Process
- 6 Traits of Writing
- Writing in Content Areas
- Writing across the Curriculum
- Using Writing Groups
- Grading Writing / Writing Rubrics
- Preparing for CRT / EOI
- Complete your feedback on this Google form for any of the 2014-2015 presentations you give.