Elementary Mathematics Specialist Certification Program
If you answer yes to any of the following, then this program is for you:
- Are you currently or planning to be an elementary instructional coach?
- Are you currently or planning to be an elementary mathematics specialist who works with groups of students throughout the day (similar to a reading specialist)?
- Are you currently or planning to teach in an upper elementary classroom that is departmentalized?
- Do you want to enhance your skills and deepen your content knowledge for teaching early childhood/elementary/middle level mathematics?
While the coursework will benefit middle level mathematics teachers, below lists the certification prerequisites and requirements for certification as an elementary mathematics specialist in Oklahoma.
OEMS Certification Prerequisites and Requirements
- Have valid teacher certification in elementary education and/or early childhood education; and
- Have two years of full-time teaching experience in grades PK-5 at an accredited school under a valid state-issued teacher credential.
- Complete eighteen hours of graduate OEMS coursework (All 18 hours will apply towards a Master’s in Elementary Education or Instructional Leadership at OU).
- Gain a passing score on the OEMS certification examination.