Find Your Future is funded primarily through donations from individuals. For more information about supporting this program through a financial contribution, please contact Emily Reed, Executive Director of Development, at email@example.com or (405) 325-1976.
Find Your Future Summer Education Camp
SAVE THE DATE!
The fifth annual Find Your Future Summer Education Camp will take place on the OU campus July 19-25, 2020.
The Find Your Future Summer Education Camp is a five-day residential program hosted by the Jeannine Rainbolt College of Education at the University of Oklahoma. This program is designed to recruit and prepare high school students of color who are interested in becoming educators in order to address the critical shortage of educators from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds in the state of Oklahoma and across the country. Students who participate will be encouraged to reflect upon their own educational experiences and develop a deeper understanding of themselves and their relationships with others in their schools and in society. This program is offered at no cost to participants.
2020 Application COMING SOON!
“It was amazing. I loved every second of it and would recommend it to everyone interested, males and females.” - Jaylon
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE:
- Students from racial minority backgrounds who are currently enrolled in high school, with preference given to students who will be juniors or seniors in fall 2020.
- Interested in exploring the possibility of a career in education.
- Academically motivated with plans to attend college after graduation (no minimum GPA requirement).
"My passion for education grew when one of the speakers said that 'all teachers have the power to change a student's life and all students have the power to change a teacher's life.' These words; simple yet powerful were my call to action. I knew I had to pursue a future where I would change lives; a future in education.” – Alberto
PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE:
- Five days of housing and meals at OU
- Opportunities to learn from speakers and panelists
- Opportunities to engage in collaborative learning activities
- Information about careers in education
- Information about applying to and paying for college
- Information about scholarship opportunities
- Mentoring from OU faculty and students
- Ongoing support for success in high school and beyond
- Invitations to OU events
For more information about the camp or assistance with completing the application, please contact Dr. Derek Houston at firstname.lastname@example.org or (405) 325-1518.
2020 Find Your Future Application COMING SOON!
"The camp was a lot of fun! I've decided not to sign the contract to play soccer and I'm pursuing my education and the camp has actually helped me decide what I want to major in. And that is education! So the camp had a huge impact on my decision and life.”- Mason
2016 campers take part in a team-building exercise.
Panel discussion at the 2016 camp.
We are currently looking for guest speakers and panelists. Please contact Dr. Aiyana Henry at email@example.com or (405) 325-1498 if you or someone you know may be interested in participating.