T. Elon Dancy
Provost Fellow, Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost
and Associate Professor
Department: Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
Program Area: Adult and Higher Education
1. Palmer, R., Wood, J. L., Dancy, T. E., and Strayhorn, T. (2014). Black male collegians: Increasing access, retention, and persistence in higher education. Hoboken, New Jersey: Jossey-Bass.
2. Brown, M. C., Dancy, T. E., and Davis, J. E. (2013). Educating African American males: Challenges of context, possibilities for practice. New York: Peter Lang.
3. Dancy, T. E. and Brown, M. C. (2012). African American males and education: Researching the convergence of race and identity. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
4. Dancy, T. E. (2012). The brother code: Manhood and masculinity among African American males in college. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
5. Dancy, T. E. (2010). Managing diversity: (Re)visioning equity on college campuses. New York: Peter Lang.
Editorial Positions and National Association Appointments
1. Book Series Editor (with M. Christopher Brown II), Contemporary Perspectives in Race and Ethnic Relations, Information Age Publishing (2010-present)
2. Editor (with Roland W. Mitchell), College Student Affairs Journal (2010-2014)
3. Secretary/Treasurer, American Educational Research Association (AERA) Research Focus on Black Education Special Interest Group (SIG), (2014-2017)
4. AERA Division-J (Postsecondary Education) Cross-Division Task Force (2014-2017)
5. Executive Board Member, National Conference on Race & Ethnicity in American Higher Education, (2014-Present)
6. Association for the Study of Higher Education (ASHE) Bobby Wright Dissertation of the Year Committee (2015)