Convocation dates for 2018-19 Academic Year
Jeannine Rainbolt College of Education
Spring 2019 Convocation - JRCoE Spring 2019 Convocation will take place on Saturday, May 11, at
1 p.m., in McCasland Field House (151 W. Brooks Street, Norman, OK).
Instructions for Graduates (PDF)
Information for Special Accommodations (PDF)
*Note: If YOU (the graduate) will be needing special accommodations for yourself at the ceremony, you MUST contact Melanie Schneider at email@example.com at least 2 weeks prior to the ceremony to ensure accommodations can be met.
OU Athletics Clear Bag Policy in Effect for Convocation Ceremony
Only those items needed for medical or family needs plus empty, clear personal-sized containers suitable for drinking water are permitted. All carried items and entrants are subject to search. Any unlawful items are subject to confiscation, and the person in possession of such items is subject to arrest.
Prohibited items must be returned to the owner's vehicle or discarded.
- Clear plastic bags (1 per person) no larger than 12" x 6" x 12"
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (1 per person)
- Non-transparent clutch purses no larger than 4.5" x 6.5" (1 per person)
- Bags necessary for approved medical equipment
- Approved family care items (diapers, formula, etc.) must be included in the clear plastic bag
- EMPTY, clear plastic water bottles less than 17 oz.
- Alcohol (in all forms)
- Baby seats
- Baby strollers
- Bags, backpacks, fanny packs & hard binocular cases
- Beach balls, footballs, balls or other sporting equipment
- Cameras with lenses longer than 6 inches
- Chair backs with frames, armrests and/or wider than 16 inches
- Coolers, containers or ice chests
- Explosives, firearms or weapons
- Folding chairs or stools
- Food or drink
- Laser pointers
- Noisemakers of any type (i.e. air horns, plastic horns, whistles, etc.)
- Pets (with the exception of registered service dogs)
- Selfie sticks, bi-pods, monopods, etc.
For more information on how to purchase your cap, gown and other graduation items, visit the OU Commencement website.
Deadlines to Apply for Graduation
December Graduation: September 15
May Graduation: February 15
August Graduation: June 1
Click here for information on how to apply to graduate
For more information, contact the Graduation Office at (405) 325-0841
Questions? Contact Melanie Schneider at (405) 325-4844 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.