Research and Travel Funds - Graduate Students
Funds are available for graduate students (Masters or Doctoral) on the Norman campus to help pay expenses related to:
- Travelling to make a presentation at an academic conference or
- Conducting research
A graduate student may apply once per academic year for support for travel to a conference or for research-related activities. Typically, the Research Committee tries to fund up to one-third of costs. The maximum award is $1000. You will need to provide expense receipts to receive reimbursement. Additional travel support may be available through your department (ask a member of the departmental staff) and the Graduate College. Information about Graduate College support for travel is available at this link: http://www.ou.edu/content/gradweb/student_resources.html
Directions for applying for funds:
- Complete the online Qualtrics form
- The online form requires an estimate of costs. Fill in every box, including typing in $0 if the expected amount is $0.
- Specify details (travel support or research support, location of conference, summary of anticipated expenses) in the box for narrative (10,000 character limit).
- If presenting a paper, upload a letter of acceptance or copy the page from the conference program that features your presentation. If you are asking for research support, upload the IRB approval letter.
- Upload a letter or an email from an OU faculty member who supports your application. You will need to contact an OU Faculty and request a letter.
- Please click the arrows to Submit. If you need help with the online form, please email Gina Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does NOT qualify for Travel and Research Funding?
- Food or other expenses for participants in a research study
- Class projects
- Requests for disbursements over $1000
- Any reimbursement request submitted more than 120 days after the event
For travel planned for July 1 – December 31, the deadline is October 1.
Awards are announced in November.
For travel planned for January 1 – June 30, the deadline is March 1.
Awards are announced in April.
Of course, funds may fluctuate due to factors beyond the control of the Research Committee, such as the number of applications and the annual budget. Contact Gina Powell at email@example.com if you have questions.