Skip Navigation

Tax Information

Skip Side Navigation

Tax Information


Yes, the University is exempt from sales tax by State Statute Title 68, O.S. 1996, Section 1356.

You will need to request a W-9 by emailing with the subject line "W-9 Request".

The Federal Excise Tax Exemption Number for the University is A 145388.

The Oklahoma Tax Commission publishes a list of every sales tax rate and code for each city and county in the state. This list is available on the OTC's website.

Yes, please email Financial Services ( and provide them with your OTC sales tax permit number so that they may add it to the list of sales tax permits issued for the University. Providing your permit number will also ensure you are added to the email distribution list for future sales tax communications that are sent only to sales tax permit holders on file with Financial Services. If you already have a sales tax permit, please contact Financial Services to confirm you are already on our University sales tax permit list.

The Oklahoma Tax Commission website is  It can provide you with additional information regarding Oklahoma business taxes, which includes sales tax. 

Please contact Lindsey Loveday in Financial Services. Her email address is  If you have a question for the OTC, the sales tax assistance phone number is 521-3160.