The University of Oklahoma Bands offer a variety performing experiences for students regardless of whether you are enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate music degree or choose to participate as a non-music major in the cultural life of the University. Musical collaboration and artistic growth are life-changing opportunities to take full advantage of during your University experience.
The Wind Symphony, Symphony Band, Concert Band and Jazz Ensembles perform in the acoustically rich Paul F. Sharp Concert Hall in Catlett Music Center, while the entire Pride of Oklahoma performs in the exciting venues of the Gaylord Family Memorial Stadium (85,000 fans) for home football games, selected conference and non-conference away games as well as memorable post-season bowl games.
We hope you will investigate and explore the many opportunities provided by the University of Oklahoma Bands.
Symphony Band and Wind Symphony
Spring 2016 Large Ensemble Auditions
Register for Spring 2016 Large Ensemble Auditions. Click on an instruments name to download the audition music. Audition music will be posted as it is received.
Tuesday, December 1
- 2:30 - 3:30 Euphonium/Tuba (Dobbins, Wakefield, Wolfe)
- 2:30 - 3:30 Trumpet (Sievers, Hancock, Shames)
- 3:40 - 5:00 Clarinet (Tirk, Wakefield, Shames, Hancock)
Wednesday, December 2
- 12:30 - 1:30 Flute (Watts, Shames, Hancock)
- 12:30 - 1:30 Trombone (Wagner, Wakefield, Wolfe)
- 2:00 - 3:00 Saxophone (Nichol, Wakefield, Hancock)
Thursday, December 3
- 2:30 - 3:15 Bassoon (Ackmann, Shames, Hancock)
- 2:30 - 3:30 Horn (Matlick, Wakefield, Wolfe)
- major prepare page 1 only
- non-majors prepare page 2 only
- 3:30 - 4:15 Oboe (Schwarz, Shames, Hancock)
Percussion - during juries
PRIDE OF OKLAHOMA PATRONS
The Pride Patrons is an affinity group designed for anyone who loves the Pride, wants to become more closely involved with its activities and would like to financially support the good works of its members. For more information about joining the Pride Patrons please contact Karen Renfroe at the Development Office, 405-325-3366 or Michelle Burke in the Band Office, 405-325-2731.
500 West Boyd
Norman, OK 73019
Dr. William Wakefield
Director of Bands
Dr. Michael Hancock
Asst. Director of Bands
Mr. Brian Britt
Director of Athletic Bands
Associate Dean of the College of Fine Arts
Dr. Brian Wolfe
Asst. Director of Athletic Bands
Ms. Michelle Burke
Assistant for OU Bands
Mr. Glen Buecker
Mr. Tom Gibson
Mrs. TJ Blackburn Pettit