OU Bands Audition Information
The OU Band department holds auditions for large ensembles and "The Pride of Oklahoma" marching band. When auditions are approaching, additional information will be available below.
Fall 2019 Large Ensemble Auditions
For all Winds and Percussion (Symphony Orchestra / Wind Symphony / Symphony Band)
If you have any questions, you may contact Dr. Shanti Simon at email@example.com.
- Music Majors and Minors must perform the prescribed repertoire
- Non-Music Majors/Minors
- Non-percussion: You may perform the prescribed repertoire, or select any two etudes of contrasting style that you feel best showcases your talents.
- Percussion: Select one of the following options
- One etude or excerpt from a solo on either snare drum or marimba
- The snare drum and keyboard selections from the Percussion repertoire below
Auditions will be held August 17 - 19 (the weekend before school starts, and the first Monday of classes). The full schedule is still TBD. It will be posted below when available.
You will need to register for an audition using the form linked below (once it is available). The registration form must be completed by 5pm the day prior to your audition. The registration form will include contact information and any unchangeable class conflicts with a large ensemble. This is not an ensemble preference selection.
Results will be posted on the band and orchestra bulletin boards.
OU Band Scholarships
The OU Band provides non-major scholarhsips to students who:
- Want to participate in a large ensemble during in college (The Pride of Oklahoma Marching Band, Wind Symphony, Symphony Band, or Concert Band)
- Would like to be considered for a band scholarship
- Are planning to major in a field of study other than music
Thank you for your interest in auditioning for an OU Bands non-major scholarship!
Scholarship funds are awarded to band students on the basis of individual achievements for educational experiences at the University of Oklahoma.
Once a scholarship is received the student may retain the award by following the criteria below:
- Participate in a large ensemble during the fall and spring semesters: Wind Symphony, Symphony Band, Concert Band, and/or Pride of Oklahoma.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA
Questions? Contact Brian Wolfe, Audition Coordinator via email or at 405-325-3394.