$800 (includes six private lessons and daily chamber music coaching with academy faculty, piano accompaniment fees, and use of OU School of Music facilities)
All applicants will be considered for a merit award based on the quality of their audition. Students seeking need-based tuition assistance should submit the optional statement of need along with any available supporting documents (income tax information, etc.) as part of their application.
Housing and Meals
We are pleased to offer housing options in OU’s Couch Center dormitory. Please see the information below for specific options and costs. Note that a housing (double occupancy room only) and meal plan are required for any participant under the age of 18 who does not live within daily commuting distance to the OU-Norman campus. Students under the age of 18 who live within the OKC metro and choose to commute daily to the academy are required to purchase a commuter meal plan, as they will not be allowed off campus. Participants who are minors will be under constant supervision by Summer String Academy counselors and University of Oklahoma Residence Halls staff.
Adult participants (age 18+) may choose a dormitory option (double or single occupancy room), arrange their own off-campus housing, or commute daily to the academy. They may select a meal plan or pay for individual meals on or off campus.
Our housing and meal options are designed to be as flexible as possible within the University’s guidelines to accommodate the needs of our participants. We encourage all participants, especially those under age 18, to consider dormitory housing. Living on campus for a week is a wonderful way to preview the college experience. Social interaction with your academy peers can be the beginning of lifelong friendships and professional collaborations.
Check-in afternoon Sunday, July 21. Check-out before noon Sunday, August 4.
- Double Occupancy Room (required for minors, option for adults)
- $316 ($22/night + $8 Linen fee (provides bath towel, wash cloth, set of sheets, pillow and case, blanket)
- Single Occupancy Room (participants age 18+ only)
- $540 ($38/night + $8 Linen fee (provides bath towel, wash cloth, set of sheets, pillow and case, blanket)
Meal Plan Options
- All Meals Provided (required for students under 18 staying in dormitory)
- $335: breakfast and dinner in Couch Cafeteria, lunch in OU Student Union
- Commuter Plan (required for students under 18 commuting daily to academy)
- $237: lunch in OU Student Union, dinner in Couch Cafeteria