In order to reserve or check out any of the below material for free during your visit, please ask a Visitor Services Representative at the admissions desk for assistance or call 405-325-4938.
Self-Guided tours are welcome and encouraged during all regular operating hours, maps of the buildings are available at the admission desk.
- To enhance a self-guided experience, iPads are available with the FJJMA app. The app includes a Highlights tour, Outdoor Sculptures tour, and Hear/Say episodes that discuss particular works in detail.
- To engage our younger visitors, we provide age-specific activities at the admissions desk
Visitors with Limited Mobility
- Free manual wheelchairs and walkers are available. Please ask a Visitor Services staff member at the Admissions Desk for assistance.
- Designated accessible parking spaces are available in the Elm Avenue Parking Garage, on each level. Please ask a Visitor Services staff member at the Admissions Desk for a Visitor Pass that allows you to park in the garage free of charge.
- A loading zone is located at the front of the building off of Elm Avenue with an accessible pathway to the front entrance.
- The entrance doors are automatic and all public spaces are wheelchair accessible.
- Elevators are located on all levels.
- Restrooms are wheelchair accessible with a private/family restroom located on the second floor.
- Baby changing tables are located in the women’s restrooms on the lower and second floor as well as the family bathroom on the second floor.
- Accessible seating is available in the Auditorium and the orientation space.
Visitors with Hearing Impairment
- Mono-FM Personal PA Sound Amplifiers are available for use in the auditorium
- Sign language tours are available. Please contact our Tour Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements at least one month in advance.
Visitors with Autism or Sensory Differences
- Mornings and weekends are ideal times for quieter experiences in the museum. Feel free to call Visitor Services ahead of your visit to check the expected traffic for the day.
Visitors with Vision Impairment
- All available iPads have accessibility apps TapTapSee and Magnify
- Light weight, large magnifying sheets are available
- Fred Jones Jr Museum of Art is actively transitioning all of the gallery lighting to LED
- For visitors with color-blindness, color correcting glasses are available in red/green (Deutreranopia) and blue/purple (Tritanopia)
Certified Service Dogs
- Certified service dogs are always welcome, however the museum does not allow dogs or companion animals who solely provide emotional support or comfort.
- The Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art continually strives to provide equal access to everyone and will happily work with any special needs you or your group may require. With funds raised during the 2018 Silver Soiree, the Museum Association has purchased accessible art-making supplies for
Tour + Classroom reservations and general outreach. Please contact our Tour Coordinator at email@example.com to make arrangements at least one month in advance.