College of Earth and Energy, the College of Atmospheric and Geographic Sciences, the College of Arts and Sciences and the Weitzenhoffer Family College of Fine Arts.
|Building a "Pipeline" for Native American Students
This project, supported by the National Science Foundation, is a collaboration at the University of Oklahoma between the Mewbourne
- The undergraduate course for the Diversity in Geosciences Project has been recognized as a Presidential Dream Course for the Spring 2011 semester. This dynamic course integrates Native American culture with Western geosciences perspectives in a team-taught environment. The Dream Course designation includes an award that will fund the invitation to four nationally recognized scholars working in the field of Native Science.
- Apply now for an intern position at the Geoscience Research Institute for Native American Undergraduates.
- Now booking presentations – Call to schedule yours now! For more information, please check out the 2-12 grade Presentations under K-12 Outreach Activities.
- The Diversity in Geosciences Project proudly collaborates with the American Indian Math & Science Society. Annual events include the Fall Game Day Workshop and the Summer Institute.
- Public Speaker Series is being held Spring 2011 semester. Scheduled speakers are: James Rattling Leaf, Gregory Cajete, Willard Sakiestewa Gilbert, and Steven Semken. See Public Outreach.
OU Undergraduate Course
Project Related Materials
For questions or comments about this Diversity in Geosciences Project, please contact Doug Elmore at: email@example.com.
Funded by a National Science Foundation Geoscience Education Grant