2014-2015 recipients have been selected, thank you for your interest in this program
OU Fellowship for Global Engagement
We are excited to announce a new scholarship program available for incoming freshmen – the OU Global Engagement Fellowship. Coordinated by the College of International Studies, this program will ensure that students have the tools necessary to succeed in the global community.
Global Engagement Fellows receive a $5,000 cash scholarship account which can be used during their undergraduate education for up to three international experiences (at least one short-term [summer] and one long-term [semester]). All Fellows will be encouraged to take their first travel study experience during the summer after their freshman year.
Global Engagement Fellows will not only study abroad, but will also be required to:
- Complete at least two or a maximum of three international study experiences (at least one short-term [summer] and one long-term [semester]) program.
- Participate in Global Engagement Fellowship meetings and events (at least one meeting per semester).
- Develop an e-portfolio that will document his/her international experiences on campus and overseas. Fellows will present their e-portfolios following their final international study experience at the Global Engagement Day event dedicated to the promotion of the Fellowship program.
- Become proficient in one foreign language. Proficiency is satisfied by taking a minimum of 16 credit hours (2 years) of one foreign language - or by taking a relevant foreign language proficiency exam.
- Participate in the OU Cousins program and become active in at least one international student organization.
- Attend at least four international cultural programs or events each academic year.
- Enroll in and complete the course entitled Understanding the Global Community (IAS 2003).
- Apply for a Fulbright Fellowship during the fall semester of their senior year.
- Maintain a 2.8 grade-point average.
If you have questions, please call (405) 325-2151, or for more information, click here.