Submitting a Graduate Application
New students to OU, current OU undergraduate students, and former OU graduate students who have been inactive for more than 12 months should complete a new application.
Create a new* account using an email address and password of your choosing. All communication regarding your application will be sent to this email address.
*If you have already created an account, do not create a new account. If you need help accessing an existing account, see technical help.
Upload a copy of your most recent degree-granting transcript (bachelor's or higher). Current in-progress transcripts are acceptable.
- Note: if you are recommended for admission, your official transcripts from all degree-granting institutions (bachelor’s or higher) will be required.
- If you earned a degree (bachelor’s or higher) from The University of Oklahoma, you do not need to upload this transcript.
- “Advisory” transcripts or web printouts from your student portal are not acceptable and insufficient for the review of your application.
Upload copies of test scores, if applicable, to the application.
- Some academic units require the receipt of official test scores (e.g., GRE) before reviewing your application.
- If you are including a TOEFL and/or IELTS test score report and the score will be used to satisfy your English proficiency requirement, the official score report will be required if recommended for admission. The official test score must be received by our office directly from the ETS testing facility. Use ETS code 6879 for The University of Oklahoma.
Upload all supplemental documents that are required by the academic unit to the application. These documents will differ by academic unit. You can review program requirements here or contact the program to which you are applying.
Submit the application (only one application allowed per term).
Pay the application fee ( $50.00 for domestic applicants and $100.00 for international applicants).
McNair Scholars are eligible for an application fee waiver. In the application for graduate admission, applicants are asked if they are a McNair Scholar. By answering 'Yes' to this question and uploading a copy of the McNair program verification form, McNair Scholars will be eligible for an application fee waiver.