PRONABEC Scholarship Program
What is PRONABEC?
What does PRONABEC pay for?
PRONABEC scholarships include:
- Books and supplies
- Health insurance
- Living expenses
- Travel to and from the U.S.
Master’s students receive funding for up to two years. Ph.D. students receive up to four years of funding.
OU also waives the application fee for potential PRONABEC scholars. Contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org before you apply to receive a waiver code.
Who qualifies to apply for PRONABEC?
To apply for a PRONABEC scholarship, you must be a citizen of Peru who has been accepted into a master's or Ph.D. program in one of the following fields:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Cellular and Behavioral Neurobiology - Biology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Construction Management
- Data Science and Analytics
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Educational Administration, Curriculum, & Supervision
- Educational Studies
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Sustainability
- Exercise Physiology
- Geological Engineering
- Health Promotion
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Instructional Psychology
- Instructional Leadership and Academic Curriculum
- Mechanical Engineering
- Natural Gas Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Plant Biology
- Special Education
- Telecommunications Engineering
Recipients of a PRONABEC scholarship must agree to return to Peru after graduation. They cannot apply for a work visa in the U.S. after graduation.
Each scholarship may have additional requirements. You can find more information on the PRONABEC Scholarship Page.
How do I apply for a PRONABEC scholarship?
- Research academic programs. If you decide to apply to one of the above approved programs, then move on to step 2.
- Prepare to apply. Gather your transcripts and other documents. Take the TOEFL or IELTS. Take the GRE if your program requires it. Contact possible recommenders.
- Contact the Office of Graduate Admissions to identify yourself as a potential PRONABEC scholar. You will receive an application fee waiver, and we will expedite your application.
- Apply to OU as early as possible.
- Wait for a decision. We will expedite your application as much as possible. If you are admitted to your program, you can then move on to step 6.
- Apply for PRONABEC. You can only apply for a PRONABEC scholarship after receiving admission to an approved program.