Skip Navigation

International Transcripts

Skip Side Navigation


When You Apply

Applicants must submit a transcript from the college or university where they earned their most recent degree in order to be considered for admission. For example, if you have both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree, you must provide a copy of the transcript from your master’s degree. If you are currently in a degree program and will earn that degree before the semester you are applying for, you must submit a transcript from your current institution.

To minimize your application’s time to review, please upload a copy of your official transcript and degree certificate directly to the application.

After Admission

If you are admitted, you must submit official academic records from all institutions where you earned a degree. You can either bring your documents to the Office of Graduate Admissions when you arrive on campus or mail them to:

Office of Graduate Admissions
731 Elm Avenue, Room 213
Norman, OK 73019

What's in a Transcript?

For most international applicants, a complete academic record includes:

  • Transcripts
    • Applicants that have earned degrees from India should provide individual semester mark sheets that notate all repeated coursework. Consolidated mark sheets may be submitted, but will only be accepted if accompanied by individual semester mark sheets.   
  • Degree Certificate or Diploma
    • A degree certificate or diploma is not required if the transcript notates the name of the degree and the date it was conferred.
  • Graduation Certificate (Chinese applicants only)
    • Chinese applicants should submit both degree certificate and graduation certificate.
  • A Diploma Supplement (if the degree is Bologna-compliant).

If your academic records are in a language other than English, you must provide both the original document and an official or certified, word-for-word English translation.

Official vs. Unofficial

Unofficial transcripts are uploaded as part of the application process.

  • Photocopies of original documents are unofficial.
  • Any transcript that you upload to the application or email to our office is, by definition, unofficial.

Official transcripts are required if you are admitted.

  • These are the original documents or attested copies.
  • DO NOT mail your official transcripts if they are the only official documents you will ever receive from your previous institution. If your school will not issue multiple official academic records, contact your Admissions Counselor and plan on bringing them in person when you arrive on campus.

Optional Transcript Verification (CertiFile)

As part of the application process, you may submit your transcripts from international institutions for external verification though the CertiFile service. If you decide to use this service, you will send official transcripts and degree certificates from the schools you have attended to Educational Perspectives, an independent transcript verification company. They will then verify the authenticity of your documents and send verified copies to the schools you have applied to. 

This is an optional service that might be useful to you if you are worried that you may have difficulty obtaining enough official transcripts to send to all of the schools to which you are applying. Choosing to take advantage of this service will have absolutely no effect on your application to The University of Oklahoma.

To start the verification process, click the checkbox under CertiFile (Certified Credentials Attachment Service) on the Academic History page of the OU application.

If you do not want to participate in the optional transcript verification, do not check the box. Instead, move on to the next section of the application. If you start the verification process and then change your mind before paying, simply return to the application, uncheck the box, and continue to complete the application.