Compass Network & BIT
The Compass Network works very closely with the Behavioral Intervention Team to coordinate which group can offer the best support to students. The information below should help you to determine how to best refer your student.
Contact the Compass Network if a student is in need of support to overcome personal challenges that could hinder academic and personal success.
When to contact Compass Network:
- There is a significant change in course attendance or grades
- Student indicates they are not finding an academic fit
- Student may be experiencing personal, family or money issues
- You know a student needs support but you are unsure of where to refer
- Student is considering leaving OU
Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT)
Contact the Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) if a student displays concerning behaviors or attitudes. BIT deals with disruptive or troubling behavior.
When to contact Behavioral Intervention Team:
- Student displays significant personal changes including: appearance, behavior, activities
- Student shows or mentions hostile beahviors: stalking, aggression, threats of harm
- You believe a student may cause harm to self or others
- Somethings seems to be seriously wrong
- If you believe a student is the victim of hostile behavior from another student (stalking, aggression, threats of harm)
If you're unsure of which office to contact, either can assist in getting you to the correct department. If a student has mentioned, displayed or you notice any items that fall under the BIT category, we encourage you to contact BIT.