We are able to test our students, faculty, staff, and dependents*. To schedule a curbside test, please call 405-325-4441.
What to Expect:
- After an OU Health Services staff member has helped you schedule your appointment, you may enter the patient parking lot off College Ave.
- Please complete all paperwork given to you by Patient Services before arriving for your appointment.
- Call 405-325-2185 to let staff know where you are parked.
- The test requires a nasopharyngeal swab.
- After your swab, you will be given instructions on how to login into or set up your Health Connection account for test results.
- Test results are usually back within 48 hours, but it depends on the Public Health Laboratory or reference lab processing time.
- OU Health Services staff will give you a packet of information regarding self-care and what to do if symptoms worsen.
- CDC Guidance if you are sick with COVID
Payment & Costs:
Testing may be billed to your health insurance plan. RML is the reference lab we use for testing. If testing is not covered under your plan, your plan is out of network, or if you do not have health insurance, please contact our office to discuss costs of testing.
- Faculty and Staff and covered dependents*:
The University’s health plans cover the cost of COVID testing through June 30, 2020.
*Dependents must be at least 12 years of age and accompanied by a legal guardian. Dependents under the age of 12 must schedule an appointment with a healthcare provider before testing.
If you have fever or respiratory symptoms (cough, difficulty breathing), call the Nurse Line at 405-325-8732 to get instructions BEFORE coming to OUHS.
In response to the COVID-19 public health emergency, we have divided the clinic into a respiratory illness clinic and general clinic. We are open during our normal operating hours of Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm. Hours and availability of certain services may be limited or changed depending on staff availability during the COVID-19 response. Click here for department details. Many visits can be accomplished through online telehealth visits, but we are available in the office to address those needs that can’t be accomplished remotely. To discuss the best option for scheduling an appointment, please call 324-4441 to speak to a medical appointment specialist.
Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019
The following websites provide Univesity and federal updates regarding Coronavirus