This page outlines the eligibility requirements for each type of Honors College applicant. If you don't qualify as an incoming freshmen, you can always apply once you have 15 hours of college credit at a 3.4 GPA. Please find the application at the bottom of this page.
Any student interested in applying for the Honors College must fulfill the following requirements:
- You must have already been accepted into the University of Oklahoma. We cannot process your application without an accepted common application on file. Please visit this website to apply for the University of Oklahoma.
- You must submit a 400-500-word essay based on one of the provided topics.
Freshmen entering the University of Oklahoma are eligible to apply to the Honors College if:
- You have an ACT Composite of 30 or higher OR a SAT Evidence Based Reading and Mathematics Total of 1360 or higher. The Honors College does not accept superscores of either test.
- You have an unweighted high school GPA of 3.75 OR rank in the top 10% of graduates of your high school class.
Incoming Freshmen with ACT and/or SAT Scores Below the Honors College’s Expectations:
- In addition to the standard material listed immediately above, please provide ONE letter of recommendation from teachers or guidance councilors who are familiar with your academic preparation and potential. (Note that this does not assure acceptance. It does, however, provide the Honors College with factors to consider outside the test-score and class-rank rubric.) Please send letters as an e-mail attachment to email@example.com
Incoming Freshmen from Nations Outside the United States who have NOT taken the ACT or SAT
Freshmen from nations outside the US entering the University of Oklahoma are eligible to apply to the Honors College if:
- You have an International Baccalaureate score of 40 or higher.
Current OU Students
Students currently enrolled at the University of Oklahoma are eligible to apply to the Honors College if:
- You have earned fifteen or more hours of OU credit with a cumulative GPA of 3.40 or higher.
Incoming Transfer Students
Transfer students entering the University of Oklahoma are eligible to apply to the Honors College if:
- You have earned fifteen or more hours of total transfer credit with GPA of 3.40 or higher.