March 2003 Minutes
Wednesday, March 5, 2003
11:30 a.m. - Athletic Department Conference Room 3695
Informational Staff Association President, Connie Smith, called the business meeting to order.
ISA Council Members present: Grettie Bondy, Debbie Copp, Dan Hough, Debra
Levy-Martinelli, Jon Lunardi, Johnnie-Margaret McConnell, Sophia Morren,
Bill Moakley, Dawna Nelson, Marilyn Nicely, Annette Schwiebert, Marko
Sherbon and Connie Smith.
1. Introduction of members and guests - Each person was asked to introduce himself or herself and share fortune cookie sayings from the Chinese food luncheon.
2. With a motion by Debra and a second by Joan, the minutes were accepted with changes.
· Staff Senate, Connie Smith. No report given since Julius Hilburn was in attendance to share the information presented in the Staff Senate meeting regarding benefits. To view the entire Staff Senate meeting minutes, please see http://www.ou.edu/staff_senate/minutes.html.
· Faculty Senate, Susan Lauterbach. For the minutes from the most recent meeting, please see http://www.ou.edu/admin/facsen/minutes/203jrn.htm.
5. Old Business
6. New Business
In the last EBC meeting a faculty member recommended studying a way of reducing the financial health care burden for families though employee or university subsidies (this was not an administrative initiative). Feedback was solicited and the comments Julius has received (like those received by Connie) were strongly not in support of this idea. Julius added that although this idea was correctly motivated, it was not plausible.
Julius responded to member questions concerning faculty perceptions, the number of employees carrying each type of insurance coverage, the six options under Health Choice, specifics on Pacific Care, the five-year retirement requirement, the dental plan, and changes in the benefits enrollment period.
7. Miscellaneous & Announcements
NEXT MEETING: Wednesday, April 2, 2003.