Events | Service Opportunities | Applications
Read & Lead
Read & Lead is a program for students and staff to further develop their personal leadership knowledge by reading contemporary leadership books. Participants sign up to read the selected book and then attend a complimentary lunch in Couch Cafeteria to discuss the reading.
FALL 2017 LUNCH DISCUSSION DATES:
- Wednesday, Sept. 27 and Thursday, Sept. 28
- Wednesday, Nov. 15 and Thursday, Nov. 16
- Braving the Wilderness - Brene Brown
- Available Sept 12!
- Other books will be announced soon!
- The book is announced
- Come by the Leadership & Volunteerism Office, OMU 253 with a $5 deposit*
- Leave your $5 with us and sign up for one of the discussion lunches
- Take your book and start reading!
- When you attend the lunch discussion, you get your $5 back! It’s that easy!
*The books tend to go quickly so you’ll want to come by as soon as the book is announced!
- The First Two Rules of Leadership: Don't be Stupid, Don't be a Jerk - David Cottrell
- Designing Your Life - Bill Burnett & Dave Evans
- Steal Like an Artist - Austin Kleon
- Are You Fully Charged? - Tom Rath
- Grit to Great - Linda Kaplan Thaler & Robin Koval
- The Hard Hat - Jon Gordon
- OU LEADER SUMMIT SPEAKER 2017
- What to do When it's Your Turn (And it's Always Your Turn) - Seth Godin, Author
- LOVE WORKS: Seven Timeless Principles for Effective Leaders - Joel Manby, Author
- OU LEADER SUMMIT SPEAKER 2015
- Serve to be Great - Matt Tenney, Author
- Leaders Eat Last - Simon Sinek, Author
- Unthink: Rediscover Your Creative Genius - Erik Wahl, Author and Artist
- The Red Rubber Ball at Work - Kevin Carroll, Author
- OU LEADER SUMMIT SPEAKER 2014
- Talk Less Say More
- The Ant and the Elephant
- The Wisdom and Teachings of Stephen Covey
- Leadership Matters
- The Energy Bus
- The Truth About Leadership
- 5 Languages of Appreciation
- When Reality Hits
- OU Leader Summit Speaker 2011
- Walk the Walk
- Juggling Elephants
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0
- Listen & Lead
- The Power of Less
- Strengthsfinder 2.0
- The Last Lecture
- Vital Friends
- The Dip
- Confessions from the Corner Office - OU Grad Pattye Moore
- A Letter to America - President David Boren
- A Peacock in the Land of Penguins
- Success Built to Last
- A Leader's Legacy
- The Art of Possibility
- The Radical Leap
- Squirrel Inc.
- The Tipping Point