MCEE Spring 2018 Convocation Information
Date: Saturday, May 12, 2018
Time: 9:00 am
Location: T. Howard McCasland Field House
151 West Brooks Street, Norman, OK 73019
Candidates: Please arrive no later than 8:00AM at Evans Hall for the College-wide picture.
- Please read your MCEE Convocation Day instructions (found here)
- Please arrive at 8:00 a.m. at Evans Hall to be placed in the group photo that takes place at 8:15 a.m.
- Remember the security check! You will be required to unzip your gown before entering the Fieldhouse.
- Be weather aware! You and your family members can subscribe to OU emergency text alerts for weather updates for graduation weekend. Text “OUgrad18” to 67283 (see attached flyer for full details).
- Share with your family the prohibited items list (click here) for both Friday Commencement and Saturday Convocation.
Follow These Steps To Assure Timely Graduation:
- You must submit a completed Graduation Self-Check form to MCEE Student Services the semester before the semester you intend to graduate. You should review your Graduation Report in Degree Navigator when completing the Self-Check. Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit the completed form to SEC P110. Please retain a copy for your records.
- After your Graduation Self-Check has been reviewed, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing instructions on applying for graduation through ONE. The Graduation Application must be filed prior to the deadline. The application deadline is February 15 for Spring, June 1 for Summer, and September 15 for Fall. Your diploma will be mailed to the address indicated on the application.
- The above e-mail goes to your OU e-mail account ONLY. In order to receive important information regarding graduation, check your OU e-mail regularly.
- All work must be completed by the last day of finals. All correspondence courses, incomplete grades, grade changes, or other changes to the academic record required for current semester graduation must be submitted to the Office of Academic Records. Official Transfer Transcripts should be submitted to the OU Admissions Office within ten working days after the last day of finals to be considered for graduation in the current semester. All fees and charges must be paid to the Bursar’s Office prior to the posting of the degree.
- Students pursuing minors and Dual Degrees should notify the granting college and the MCEE Student Services as soon as possible. The granting college must verify the completion of the second degree and minor. Minors must be completed before or concurrently with your major coursework.
Graduating With Distinction
- Geology and Geophysics Graduation With Distinction
The faculty may recommend that the degree with distinction be conferred on graduates who have a combined cumulative GPA of 3.50 to 3.74 and with special distinction on graduates who have a combined cumulative GPA of 3.75 or higher.
- Petroleum Engineering Graduation With Distinction
The faculty may recommend that the degree with distinction be conferred on graduates who have a combined cumulative GPA of 3.40 to 3.69 and with special distinction on graduates who have a combined cumulative GPA of 3.70 or higher.