When to make a report
Is someone you know...
- experiencing a decline in work or academic performance?
- demonstrating disruptive or disturbing behavior?
- showing dramatic changes in appearance, behavior or weight?
- having problems at home, with classes or work?
- making disturbing comments in conversation, email, letters, social media postings or papers?
- sad, anxious or experiencing dramatic mood shifts?
- abusing alcohol or drugs?
- isolating themselves socially?
- acting paranoid or suspicious?
- frequently angry or easily frustrated?
- struggling with health problems?
These behaviors, especially when more than one are present, may be signs that a student, faculty member or staff member is in distress.
There are many resources available at OU to help.
Your confidential report to OU’s Behavior Intervention Team (BIT) can make a difference.