A Guide to Preparing for your First-Year Trip
- Follow the equipment list to the letter! If you have questions about what to bring, please contact us!
- Please take the time to properly break in new hiking boots. This takes some time, so please plan ahead (i.e., go boot shopping well in advance of the trip, not the day before). If you don't, expect a painful experience, trust us!
- Exercise! Past participants have had more fun and success on the trails the more in shape they were. You don't have to be a hoss or workout every day between now and the trip, but do take some time to prepare physically for the backpacking experience
- A note on hydration: we highly recommend a hydration pack for 2 quarts of your 4 quart minimum. The other quarts can be nalgenes.
- Finally, The following four sections have been designed to impart all of the information
everyone should know before going on the First-Year Trip. This information
is essential to anyone going on the trip. Please read it carefully. If
you have any questions or comments, please contact