Table of Contents:
* Use of the Sooner Card
* Use of the Debit Account Function
* Responsibilities of the Card Holder
* Error Resolution with Merchants
* Shortages/Negative Amounts
* Lost/Stolen or Unauthorized Card Usage
* Account Usage/Account Statements
Use of the Card:
1. The Sooner Card is the official identification card for the University. The Sooner Card is issued by OU to Cardholder only, and is non-transferable.
2. Use of the Sooner Card may be revoked at the University’s sole discretion for violation of University policies and procedures. Faculty and staff must relinquish the card upon separation from the University. Access to facility and service privileges of University will be deactivated when student, faculty or staff status is terminated.
3. The Sooner Card must be presented upon request at the time of use to obtain services or to establish official University status.
4. The Sooner Card is to be used only by the person to whom it is issued. Only the Cardholder can present the Card for debit and other privileges. The Sooner Card may be confiscated if presented by someone other than the Cardholder.
5. There is no provision for signature on the Sooner Card. Additional identification or signature may be required for certain purposes.
6. The University of Oklahoma Student Code and Employee Staff Handbook govern the use of the Sooner Card. Misuse of the Sooner Card may be referred to the applicable office for disposition.
7. There is a fee for replacing identification cards that have been lost, stolen or maliciously damaged.
Use of the Debit Account Function:
1. In general, there are no limitations on the number of times the Sooner Sense Debit Account may be used for purchases or the dollar amounts of those purchases, so long as Cardholder maintains an adequate balance in Cardholder’s account, except for limited-use cards issued for special events. However, we may assert limits to prevent stolen card abuse.
2. Sooner Sense Debit Accounts may be used for purchases at locations participating in the program.
3. The participant may be required to sign a receipt for goods or services.
4.Sooner Sense Accounts that have had no activity for 18 or more months may be closed. Account balances of $10 or less will be forfeited. Account balances of $10 or more will be credited to the cardholder's Bursar Account.
Responsibilities of the Cardholder:
1. The debit feature of the Sooner Card is optional. Cardholder will activate the Sooner Sense Debit Account upon initial deposit. Activation of the Sooner Sense Debit Account signifies agreement with these Terms and Conditions.
2. Deposits may be made by credit card, cash or check. Credit card deposits may be made in-person or via Sooner Card Online. Currency will only be accepted at the VTS (Value Transfer Stations) located throughout the campuses. Check deposits may be made in-person to the Sooner Card office on the cardholder's campus, or by mail to the address on the Sooner Card Home Page. Checks must be payable to The University of Oklahoma. Funds deposited via check may not be available on the account until they have been received and processed.
3. There is no limit on the frequency of credit cards, cash or check deposits.
4. Funds are immediately available for deposits made by credit card or cash.
5. Positive balances that remain on the Sooner Sense Debit Account for faculty, staff and student cardholders will carry forward to the next term or year. Positive balances that remain on limited use cards that have expired will revert to the University immediately.
6. Sooner Sense Debit account balances are non-interest bearing.
7. There are no charges for using your Sooner Sense Debit Account.
8. Upon leaving or graduating from the University or at your discretion, you may choose to close your account by submitting a written request. Balances under $10 will not be refunded. Funds, with balances greater than $10, will first be turned over to the Office of the Bursar and applied to cardholder's outstanding Bursar Account. Remaining funds will then be processed for refunds as per the Office of the Bursar refund policy.
9. There will be no cash withdrawals or refunds from active Sooner Sense Debit Accounts.
10. If The University of Oklahoma agrees to credit funds to your Sooner Sense Debit Account before your check or credit card charge has cleared, you understand and agree that you will be liable to the University should your check or credit card be returned unpaid. We are entitled to freeze any funds remaining in your Sooner Sense Debit Account in the event a check or credit card charge you submit to us in payment is returned unpaid. Returned checks will be reversed in the Cardholders Sooner Sense Debit account if there are sufficient funds and a $25 returned check fee will be assessed by the University.
11. Cash refunds will not be issued for returned merchandise purchased with Sooner Sense; instead, Sooner Card accounts will be credited for the amount of the return. Merchandise must be returned to the location where goods and services were purchased and returns are subject to the return policy of the merchant. The University of Oklahoma will not be responsible if any establishment refuses to honor Sooner Sense or for any other problem you may have with an establishment.
12. Receipts will be available for goods or services purchased with Sooner Sense at attended point-of-sale locations and for deposits made in person.
Error Resolution with Merchants:
Errors on receipts from local on and off-campus merchants should be first addressed with that merchant. In addition, if Cardholder is unable to resolve error with the merchant, follow the steps below:
1. Errors on receipts must be reported to the Sooner Card Office no later than sixty (60) days after the error occurred. Errors that are reported orally must be followed by a written notification within ten (10) business days.
2. Cardholder name, identification number, transaction description, transaction date and dollar amount must be provided when errors are reported.
3. The Sooner Card Office will investigate recorded errors. The results of the investigation will ordinarily be made available within ten (10) business days of notification; however, if needed, the University may take up to forty-five (45) days to conduct the investigation.
4. The Sooner Card Office will correct errors within 24 hours of determination and Cardholders will be notified. If no error is found, a written explanation will be provided within three (3) business days after the close of the investigation.
5. In the event a merchant places a hold or deducts an amount different from the amount of purchase(s), the Sooner Card Office will work with the cardholder and the Merchant to address the discrepancy.
6. Copies of any documentation considered by the University during the investigation will be provided upon written request.
It is the Cardholder's responsibility to keep track of spending in the Sooner Sense Debit Account Program. If the Cardholder attempts to use the Account when there in not enough funds in the Sooner Sense Debit Account, the transaction will not be approved. However, should the rare occasion arise when, due to a systems problem or otherwise, a purchase occurs with not enough funds in the Sooner Sense Debit Account (creating a "shortage" or "negative amount"), the "owed" funds will automatically be deducted from the next deposit. Alternatively, the Sooner Card Office may bill the cardholder's Bursar Account for a negative balance that is on the system for more than five (5) days. The Sooner Card Office is entitled to freeze any funds remaining in a Sooner Sense Debit Account in the event a check or credit card charge submitted to us in payment is returned unpaid. Repeated cases of shortages or negative amounts will be grounds for cancellation of participation in the Sooner Sense Debit Account Program. In the event the university must retain a collection agency to collect negative amounts from the Cardholder, the Cardholder may be assessed, in addition to the negative amount, collection fees.
Lost/Stolen or Unauthorized Card Usage:
1. Lost or stolen cards must be reported immediately to the Sooner Card office. Cardholders can suspend the card via Sooner Card Online at any time. Suspended cards must be presented to the Sooner Card Office or the Housing and Food Services Office for reactivation during stated office hours.
2. The replacement fee for lost, stolen or damaged cards is $15. Replacement of a card when there is a change of the Cardholder status, change of name or change of identification number is free. The old card must be presented in exchange, otherwise there is a $15 charge.
3. A police report does NOT waive the charge of $15 when replacing a lost card.
4. Students, Faculty and Staff may pay for the replacement fee with Sooner Sense Debit Account funds, cash, check or credit card.
Account Usage/Account Statements:
The Cardholder may obtain a printout of transactions from their Sooner Sense Debit Account at the Sooner Card Office during stated office hours. Account transaction information may also be access via Sooner Card Online at any time. Information includes: the amount of funds remaining in the account, recent transactions of where Sooner Sense Debit Account funds were last used, and any new amounts added to the account.
When cardholder happens to have in their possession more than one identification card, only one of the cards are valid at any given time. Access to university facilities may be denied: if your account is frozen by the University for administrative reasons, you deactivate your account or if your card's magnetic stripe is damaged and will not scan.
The University of Oklahoma is not liable for any changes made to your Sooner Sense Debit account after it is lost or stolen.