oklahoma population institute (OPI)
The Oklahoma Population Institute is an interdisciplinary research center at the University of Oklahoma dedicated to training, research and service in demography. OPI researchers address population questions relating to:
- the health and development of children,
- human fertility and reproduction,
- international migration and immigration,
- residential segregation,
- the HIV/AIDS pandemic in Africa,
- life-course patterns,
- aging and pension systems, and
- the pro-social values of children and youth.
Members' academic and applied research projects have been awarded funding by the National Institutes of Health, Health and Human Services, the US Census Bureau, the US Department of Education, US Agency for International Development, and many state and private foundation sources.