About The Office of Technology Development (OTD)
Commercializing university research has a powerful impact. Successful start-ups add jobs, licenses create partnerships with global industry leaders, and new insights into areas like healthcare, weather, and oil and gas improve and save lives.
The Office of Technology Development, part of the Tom Love Division of Entrepreneurship & Economic Development, helps innovation from the sharpest minds at OU transform into world-changing products.
OTD serves as a resource for all faculty, staff, and graduate students interested in exploring the commercialization of intellectual property.
Additionally, new initiatives like the Growth Fund and the Post-Graduate Venture Fellows program allow us to further support campus inventors, as well as enhance the opportunities for the commercialization of university innovation.
We assist researchers with:
- Disclosing research discoveries
- Publishing without hurting patent rights
- Navigating the patent process
- Filing for copyrights and trademarks
- Evaluating product-market fit
- Finding and engaging with commercial partners
- Launching a new venture and managing conflicts of interest
Meet the Team
With a range of expertise, the OTD team is available to assist with any questions you have about intellectual property – just ask!