Patents 101: First, Do No Harm - How to Write and Speak About Your Invention Without Losing U.S. or Foreign Patent Rights
Presented by Chris Corbett // August 2018
- What is a patent?
- How/why does a public disclosure affect patentability?
- Types of public disclosures
- How to publish without hurting your patent rights
- Key milestones of the patent process
Presented by Andrew Pollock // November 2016
- Evaluating product-market fit
- Marketing technology: the OTD-inventor partnership
- Licensing terms and requirements
- Commercial terms and SRAs
- Enforcement, infringement and little men who live under bridges
Charles A. Hinton, Jr.
Director, NSF I-Corps/Startup Aggieland // March 2017
- Avoid wasting time with ideas that don’t work
- Reduce your chances of flop
- Is there really a problem that your innovation solves? Or are you imagining there is a problem or need?
- Is there a market for your product or are you just dreaming?
Presented January 2018
- Explore opportunities for research graduate students interested in a career in industry or entrepreneurship
- Hear from current Venture Fellows teams that are starting businesses around university IP
- Learn about program details, including selection, curriculum, and goals