We invite you to join us for Innovation to Impact, a series of lunch discussions for faculty, staff and graduate students about the creation, management and commercialization of intellectual property (IP). During these presentations, you will learn more about the impact of IP and how it complements your research. We can't wait to see you!
Innovation to Impact
A presentation & discussion series
NEW VENTURES & CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
Tuesday, March 27 in Norman, 12 to 1 p.m. in the Weitzenhoffer Room, OMU
Wednesday, March 28 at the Health Sciences Center, 12 to 1 p.m. in the BRC, room 103
- How to launch a new venture
- Determining if you have a conflict of interest
- Managing conflicts of interest
Download Previous Presentations
Presented by Meredith Wilkerson // May 2017
- How to convey the value and impact of your work outside academia
- Tips for being clear, concise, and compelling
- Best practices for customer discovery and determining product-market fit
Charles A. Hinton, Jr.
Director, NSF I-Corps/Startup Aggieland // March 2017
- Avoid wasting time with ideas that don’t work
- Reduce your chances of flop
- Is there really a problem that your innovation solves? Or are you imagining there is a problem or need?
- Is there a market for your product or are you just dreaming?
Presented January 2018
- Explore opportunities for research graduate students interested in a career in industry or entrepreneurship
- Hear from current Venture Fellows teams that are starting businesses around university IP
- Learn about program details, including selection, curriculum, and goals