We invite you to join us for Innovation to Impact, a series of lunch discussions for faculty, staff and graduate students about the creation, management and commercialization of intellectual property (IP). During these presentations, you will learn more about the impact of IP and how it complements your research. We can't wait to see you!
Innovation to Impact
A presentation & discussion series
The Translational Research Journey: Previous Growth Fund Recipients Share Their Experiences
Tuesday, May 22 in Norman, 12 to 1 p.m. in the Crawford University Club - North Room, OMU
Wednesday, May 23 at the Health Sciences Center, 12 to 1 p.m. in the BRC, room 103
- Explore the differences between basic and translational research
- Learn about translational research funding through the Growth Fund
- Hear updates from previous Growth Fund recipients
Download Previous Presentations
Charles A. Hinton, Jr.
Director, NSF I-Corps/Startup Aggieland // March 2017
- Avoid wasting time with ideas that don’t work
- Reduce your chances of flop
- Is there really a problem that your innovation solves? Or are you imagining there is a problem or need?
- Is there a market for your product or are you just dreaming?
Presented January 2018
- Explore opportunities for research graduate students interested in a career in industry or entrepreneurship
- Hear from current Venture Fellows teams that are starting businesses around university IP
- Learn about program details, including selection, curriculum, and goals