The OU Cousins program was created in 1996 by President and Mrs. David Boren as a way of developing understanding, friendship, and unity among U.S., International, and exchange students at the University of Oklahoma.
Through this program, students are matched according to hobbies, majors, and countries of special interest. Each International or exchange student is matched with one or two American students and invited to participate in monthly programs, majority that are free of charge. In addition, students are encouraged to get together outside of official Cousins events and share their respective cultures with one another through normal daily life. For ideas on what to do with your OU Cousins, click here.
- Ice cream social kick-off event
- Fall Festival and Halloween pumpkin carve
- OKC Thunder basketball game
- Festival of Lights in Chickasha
- Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner
- Back to school Bingo
- OU performing arts events
- OKC Memorial Tours
- Eve of Nations
- BBQ and Western Party
- Cousins Hours: Coffee hours, craft events, and area tours