For Raising Buttons on Subpages
- Before you can set up your OUNet Account, you will need to retrieve your OUNetID. Your OUNetID is your username that you will use to access University websites and services.
- Visit the Account Management page at account.ou.edu.
- Click on “Retrieve OUNetID” and enter your Social Security Number and your date of birth to retrieve your OUNetID.
- After retrieving your OUNetID, return to the Account Management page at account.ou.edu.
- Click on “Setup Account” and enter your date of birth and either your OUNetID or (faculty/staff only) Social Security Number to set up your account.
OU IT offers high speed Internet access in all University-owned housing and most public areas. Additionally, convenient, secure wifi blankets campus, including almost all academic buildings and most outdoor common areas.
Log in to OU's network registration website net-reg.ou.edu for access to:
- Register your computer on OU's networks
- Connect through wireless*
- Plug in to OU's wired network**
*Be sure to connect to WIFI@OU and NOT OUGuest. Many of OU IT's services are not available through OUGuest for security reasons.
**OU IT strongly recommends connecting to the wired network for activities that require large amounts of bandwidth like uploading large documents or videos to Canvas.
For further instruction on connecting to OU's network, visit askit.ou.edu.
OU IT assigns all students, faculty, and staff an @ou.edu e-mail address and your own Office 365 account upon creation of the your OUNet Account. Your default e-mail address is based on your name and will look something like this: First.MI.Lastemail@example.com.
- Change your e-mail alias (i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Set up your spam filter
- Forward your e-mail off campus
Want to add @ou.edu email to your mobile device? Check out our convenient self-help articles or call (405) 325-HELP.
OU IT helps prepare you for emergency situations with the Emergency Communication System and ICEdot.
Visit our IT Software Catalog to find all the free software that is available to you based on your role (faculty, staff, or student).
Additionally, the One U Store offers better-than-education discounts on a full line of hardware, software, iPods, and accessories from names you trust, like Apple, Dell, HP, and Lenovo.
- In person in the Oklahoma Memorial Union
- Online at itstore.ou.edu