- Just as you stay away from strangers on the street, be careful about strangers on the Internet.
- If anyone uses nasty language or mentions things that make you uncomfortable, don't respond and log off.
- Never give your real last name, address, or telephone number to anyone; if someone asks for this information (or for your password) , don't respond. Log off and tell a trusted adult.
- Never agree to meet with someone you've talked with on the Internet without asking permission from your parents first.
- There are places on the NET which are for adults only; if you find yourself in an "adults-only" place, or anywhere you think you shouldn't be, leave! There are plenty of good "kid places" on the net.