Payroll ePAF Functions
Directions for all of the following PeopleSoft functions may be found by utilizing the Payroll Guide (PDF below). If you have additional questions regarding Payroll system functions please contact the Payroll department directly by phone: 405/325.2961 or email at email@example.com.
Obtaining Access to Payroll Systems
An employee must have Department User or Reporting HCM role. In order to access account information such as running extracts, an employee must be the department sponsor or be given the role of proxy. The account sponsor or a designated proxy with the ability to create proxies needs to assign the “HR Reports” option to the employee in FAMS, Financial Account Management System. FAMS may be accessed by following the provided link: https://webapps.ou.edu/fams/ (An employee must have Department User or Reporting HCM role also)
Human Capital Management (HCM) and ePAF Security
Log-in – The User ID for active employees is their 4 plus 4 and their password set up through IT. New employees must activate their account before they can access PeopleSoft (HCM). Follow this link to the IT website regarding OU Net IDs: https://webapps.ou.edu/it/support/ounetid.cfm. All active employees can access PeopleSoft Self-Service to view their personal information.
Consult the Payroll Guide regarding directions for completing the Security Self-Service HCM/HRMS Add/Drop ePAF Role Form,the form is included below.
Account Sponsor – This role is assigned through FAMS https://webapps.ou.edu/fams/ by an account sponsor or their proxy. To be able to approve at the account sponsor level, receive emails and have the ePAF appear on their worklist, an employee must be set up in FAMS as a Proxy with PAF Approval selected.
Vice President – this role is set up by an e-mail request sent to Kathryn Huebsch or Michelle Boydstun in Payroll & Employee Services and approved by the appropriate Department Head for that area.
Internal Auditing ePAF Security Rules:
- A Preparer cannot approve an ePAF that they have created
- An employee can only approve an ePAF at 2 of the following 3 levels:
- Account Sponsor, Department Head, and Dean/Director
- No one can approve an ePAF for themselves at any approval level
Employee Look Up
This page allows you to lookup any employee that has been hired into PeopleSoft and provides detail about the employees' Department, Job Code/Classification, FTE. etc.
PeopleSoft path: Main Menu > Workforce Administration > OU HRMS > Employee Lookup
Employee Name Changes
In order for Payroll to change an employee’s name in Peoplesoft, we must receive a copy of the new social security card.
We can NOT use a marriage license or other documents as supplemental documentation.
PeopleSoft path: Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
Job Data contains the following principle panels:
- Work Location
- Job Information
- Payroll Type (Hourly, Monthly, 9/9, etc.)
- Compensation Amount (Salary, Hourly wage)
- Employment Information
Electronic PAF (ePAF) vs Paper PAF
The Personnel Action Form (PAF) is used in Payroll to hire, re-hire, or change the status of an employee. The form is also used to pay a monthly employee for summer money (SUM), supplemental pay (SUP), or overload base (OLB).
When to use ePAF:
- ePAF’s are required to be used except in certain circumstances. It is much easier to check the routing process in ePAF and to locate it once it has been approved. ePAF enables a faster approval process.
When to use paper:
- New hired International students who have applied for but not yet received a social security number
- Affiliate PAFs of any sort
- Appointments of Adjuncts when the employee is already 1.00 FTE
- Extensions of Adjunct that will receive only supplemental pay (Payroll records them as .10 FTE at zero pay)
- When 2 different effective dates happen within the same pay period, one can be online or both can be done on paper
- Changing a staff position job code to a faculty job code or vice versa
- Exceptions that are instructed by Payroll to do on the paper form
For ePAF How To's, please utilize the Payroll Guide for instructions on:
- Starting a New ePAF
- Resubmitting, Changing, or Withdrawling and ePAF
- Evaluating an ePAF
- Viewing an ePAF
- Viewing ePAF Worklist
- Viewing ePAF History
Effective May 2, 2018, the two forms included in the directions below will allow you to add or change an employee’s Concur Travel Approver or Time Supervisor on the ePAF. The forms will also allow you to indicate the employee’s access to the new time system Workforce Software. Directions are attached to assist you in completing the new section of the ePAF form.
|Hire/Rehire||Hire is an initial appointment and refers to placing an individual on the payroll for the first time. Rehire is placing a former employee (who was previously in an appointed, budgeted position) into an appointed, budgeted position.|
|Promotion||Promotion is the advancement of an employee to a position with a classification of higher responsibility and a higher pay grade.|
|Demotion||Demotion is the movement employee into a position with a classification of lower responsibility and a lower pay grade.|
|Transfer||Transfer is the movement of an employee from one department to another while maintaining the current level of responsibility and pay grade.|
No documentation other than a completed ePAF is required for a transfer.
|Leave of Absence|
A leave of absence removes an employee from working status and is time taken for personal reasons, vacation, disciplinary action, employee illness, injury, or disability, illness or death of a family member, funeral attendance, military or civic duties, or for reasons defined as administrative leave.
|Return from Leave of Absence||A return from leave of absence reinstates an employee to working status.|
Termination ends the employment relationship.
Voluntary termination is initiated by the employee. The employee must provide a written letter of resignation. The supervisor is recommended to write a letter accepting the resignation. The department should submit copies of both letters to Human Resources to be retained in the employee's record.
Involuntary termination is initiated by the university. The department must provide a written letter of termination to the employee. Submit a copy of this letter to Human Resources.
Reasons for Termination
When completing the ePAF, choose one of these reasons for termination.
|Retirement||Retirement is when an employee ends their OU employment and begins receiving retirement benefits from Oklahoma Teachers' Retirement System, OU, and/or Social Security.|
The employee must submit a letter of resignation for retirement to their department. The department must send a copy of this letter to Human Resources to be retained in the employee's record.
|Data Change Actions||Description|
|Full-Time Equivalency (FTE)||Full-time equivalent (FTE) is based on the total of all hours in an employee’s active job records. 1.00 FTE = 173.33 standard hours each month.|
An FTE change is a change in the percentage of hours worked on average in a week by an employee.
|Job Code||Job code is the identifier which defines an employee's particular position or classification.|
|Pay Raise||A pay increase for work performed in the current position.|
|Primary Department Number||A change to correct the primary department number an employee is assigned to. The department paying the greatest amount of an individual’s pay is determined to be the primary department, unless that department instructs Human Resources in writing of a different arrangement. The primary department directs where the employees’ checks, ETR panel, and mail are received.|
|Postiion Number||Number in a sequence that is controlled by the department and is used to identify a position/job.|
|Reclassification of Position|
Review of existing position by HR to determine the appropriate job classification based upon the position description and duties. Reclassification may result in a promotion or demotion by the position incumbent.
Find out more by visiting the HR website at hr.ou.edu
|Payroll Source Change Actions||Description|
|Earnings Distribution||The amount an employee is paid for a particular position from a specific account.|
|Organization (G/L Account)||The account from which an employee is paid for a particular position.|
Encourage employees to use PeopleSoft Employee Self-Service to report changes in personal data such as name, marital status, home address, email, and telephone number.
Changes in contact information should also be made in the university's emergency contact systems available through emergency preparedness.
If these changes are a result of a life event like the birth of a child or marriage, your employee can find information about changing benefits here.
- Regular employees can’t be appointed to more than 1.0 FTE and student employees can’t be appointed to more than a combined .99 FTE. Be sure to verify the employees current FTE on Employee Lookup so you can appoint them to the appropriate FTE. Employee Lookup can be found by going to: PeopleSoft/Workforce Administration/OU HRMS/Employee Lookup
- Graduate students can be placed on leave without pay for the summer by creating an ePAF using LOA/SUM effective the first day without pay. They must be returned from leave at the end of the summer by using RFL/SUM. If you need to transfer their position when they return, you can combine the two action/reasons. Begin by processing an ePAF to transfer the position. At the end of the ePAF you will check the box that states the “employee is currently on LOA, do you want to return them?” This will trigger the action reason codes XFR/POS or XFR/JOB and RFL/SUM.
- Graduate students are always paid on a monthly basis regardless of the length of their appointment. You must calculate the rate of pay based on 12 months and you must terminate the graduate student when their appointment ends.
- Terminations should only be processed when the employee is ending their employment with the University. If the employee is transferring to another department at the University and there is no break in service, the department the employee is transferring to needs to complete a Hire an Employee ePAF to transfer their job.
- Leave of Absence (LOA) is leave without pay and Paid Leave of Absence (PLA) is leave with pay. If an employee is placed on LOA, they cannot be paid until a PAF is approved to return them from leave or place them on PLA.
- Employees can only have one active appointment to a position number. If you need to pay the employee two different pay rates, they must be appointed to two different position numbers.
- An employee can only be appointed to one pay group (HRY, MTH, 9/9). Monthly paid employees may work hourly, but must be paid by supplemental pay on their monthly check.
Top Reasons not to print ePAF’s
- Privacy laws such as HIPPA, Social Security, data privacy, etc. Do you really want to try and keep up with ever changing laws when Payroll already has to?
- Keeping a duplicate I-9 could result in fines for your department if all the data is not correct and you are audited
- If your office was broken into, your department would be responsible for telling employees their data was breached. If PeopleSoft is breached, IT would be responsible for notifying the employees.
- Payroll no longer keeps paper copies of anything unless mandated by the government. Everything we get is imaged and then destroyed.
- The University of Oklahoma is trying to go green.
- Who really wants to file or purge all that paperwork?
- All the data is already stored in PeopleSoft and reports can be written by Payroll for you.
- Payroll is the system of record for Personnel files, etc. We have forms and procedures that must be followed when someone wants to review a file.