Download the FREE "Guardian" safety app to check in with your family, friends, or others you trust to help you stay safe on and off campus.
With the Guardian app you can:
- Set a Safety Timer – Notify people you trust to check in on you if you are alone or in an unfamiliar place.
- Manage and Message Your “Guardians” – Invite family, friends, or others to be your “Guardian”, and communicate with them as needed within the app.
- Easy Emergency Communication – Call the OU Police directly for help if you are in trouble and send text tips – including photos – if you see something suspicious. See something? Say something!
- Smart911 Safety Profile – Create a personal “Safety Profile” containing information you choose, such as residence details (home and school), medical conditions and much more.
When you need assistance your Safety Profiles is displayed to OU Police or other Smart911 enabled 9-1-1 centers nationwide.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS …
- Can Guardian track me?
Guardian can allow police to locate your approximate location when your timer expires or you place a 9-1-1 call. However, it cannot be used to locate you without your knowledge. Your profile and location (if you have enabled the location service) are only available to police when your timer expires or you call 9-1-1.
- Does Guardian work off-campus?
The features of the app will work off-campus; however, if you have an emergency at an off-campus location you should dial 911. The tip feature is for campus locations only.
- What should I include in my profile?
The more information you provide, the more the police knows if they need to assist you in an emergency. At a minimum, your address (home and school), your physical description and a recent photo are great places to start.
If you have a particular health issue or other personal safety concern, you can include that information as well. YOU decide what YOU provide.
- Are the tips sent through Guardian anonymous?
No. Your name, phone number and profile are displayed to police when you send a tip through the Guardian app.
- Can I still contact OU Police if I don’t use this app?
Absolutely! When in doubt, call 9-1-1 for emergencies. The University of Oklahoma Police Department (OUPD) is a Primary PSAP (Public Safety Answering Point); we answer 9-1-1 calls from both cell phones and traditional landlines. We process emergency and non-emergency calls 24/7/365.
For emergencies, dial 911. Our non-emergency number is 405-325-2864.
Also visit …
- Visit raveguardian.com to learn more