Professor of Finance and Oklahoma Bankers Chair in Finance
PhD (Illinois) Professor Stock's teaching interests include financial markets, banking and investments. His research interests include corporate bonds, municipal bonds, options, interest-rate risk, and banking. He holds the Oklahoma Bankers Chair in Finance. He has twice received research grants from the Prochnow Education Foundation to conduct banking research. His articles have been published in Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Journal of Accounting Research, Decision Sciences, National Tax Journal, Journal of Financial Research, Journal of Banking and Finance and The Financial Review.
- University of Oklahoma Associates Distinguished Lecturer Award
- University of Oklahoma Partners in Learning Award for Mentoring and Research
- Ph.D. in Finance, University of Illinois (Champaign-Urbana)
- Master of Science, Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville. M.S. in both Economics and City Planning
- Bachelor of Arts in City Planning, Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville
“Impact of the TARP Financing Choice on Existing Preferred Stock” Journal of Corporate Finance, with Dong Kim, Volume 18, December 2012, pages 1121-1142.
“Analyzing Cost of Debt and Credit Spreads Using a Two Factor Model with Multiple Default Thresholds and Varying Covenant Protection” Advances in Financial Planning and Forecasting, (with S. Lakshmivarahan and Shengguang Qian), Volume 5, 2012, pages 1-48.
“The Sensitivity of Corporate Bond Volatility to Macroeconomic Announcements” (with Nikolay Kosturov), Handbook of Quantitative Finance and Risk Management, May 2010.
“Make-whole Call Provisions: A Case of Much Ado about Nothing?” (with Nandukumar Nayar), Journal of Corporate Finance, Volume 14, Number 4, 2008, pages 387-404.