Remote access to the U: drive is also possible and is accomplished through the OU VPN (Virtual Private Network). The OU VPN consists of dedicated hardware access point to the OU Network and uses client software running on your home computer. Use of the VPN requires the installation of client software on your computer.
Instructions for Installing OU VPN on Your Home Computer
- Open your browser and go to http://itstore.ou.edu
- Logon to the IT Store with your username and 4 X 4
- Click "SOFTWARE"
- Click "OU VPN"
- On "OU VPN Client" page
- There are "Read Me" files and a "User Guide"
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page
- Choose OU VPN Client 4.8, Windows will be the choice
- The next screen is Download Manager
- Click "Begin Download"
- Save the file to your desktop
- Install it
- After installation, go to Start => Programs =>"The University of Oklahoma OU-VPN Client" and click VPN-dialer
- Make sure "Cox to OU-Norman Campus" is selected and then click connect
- A second logon window appears.
- Typein Username: Sooner\4x4 (4 X 4 is your OUNet ID or username) and your password. After itis connected, a small yellow lock will appear in the bottom right ofyour screen (taskbar)
- Go to Start Run and type in \\pcb-storage\Home\4x4
- Click OK
- Another password box will appear. Again, type in Sooner\4x4 as the username.
- Your network drive should appear after login