Department: Management and International Business
Office: Adams Hall Room 206
Address: 307 W. Brooks, Adams Hall 206
Norman, OK 73019
Brandi McManus is a fourth-year Ph.D. candidate in management and international business at the University of Oklahoma. Ms. McManus earned her Bachelor of Science degree from University of Oklahoma in Environmental Engineering and her Masters in Business Administration from Southern Methodist University. Prior to pursuing her doctorate, Brandi held many leadership and executive positions at a Fortune 300 company.
Her current research interests include micro-foundations of strategy including the role of strategic decision making in mergers and acquisitions, global careers, dark leadership behavior, CSR, and social networks.
· M.B.A. in Strategy and Marketing, Southern Methodist University (August 2008)
· Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering, University of Oklahoma (December 1999)
Awards and Accomplishments:
· Strategy Doctoral Student Consortia – Academy of Management Annual Conference (2018)
· OU Writing Center Camp Completion Workshop (2018)
· Ben Burnett Memorial Scholarship, Price College of Business, University of Oklahoma (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
· Attendee, OSU Management Scholars Professional Development Workshop (2016)
Publications and Presentations
McManus, B. & Sharfman, M. 2017. “The Effect of Framing on Acquisitions.” Paper presented at 2017 Academy of Management Association.
McManus, B. & Shaffer, M. 2017. “Outcomes of International Business Travel.” Paper presented at 2017 Academy of Management Association
Shahzad, A.M., Bartkoski, N.N., McManus, B.K. and Sharfman, M. P. (2019). A Researcher’s Guide to Business and Society Archival Datasets, in Abagail McWilliams, Deborah Rupp, Donald S. Siegel, Gunter Stahl, and David Waldman (eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Corporate Social Responsibility: Psychological and Organizational Perspectives. Oxford, U.K.: Oxford University Press