The Price College of Business EMBA Program is looking for leaders in the energy industry ready to take their careers to the next level. Ideal candidates have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Eight or more years progressive work experience*
- Three or more years work experience in the energy industry
- Current employment with an energy company, a company that serves the energy industry, or doing energy-related work within your organization
* Prospective students with less than eight years work experience will be given consideration provided they have strong management experience or unique experiences typically seen in more experienced individuals.
If you meet these criteria, we encourage you to take the following steps to apply:
1. ONLINE APPLICATION- www.applyweb.com/apply/ougrad
Create and validate your account, then begin the application. Under “Campus Selection”, select Norman, and then select the Executive MBA in Energy.
2. STANDARDIZED TESTS (NO GMAT REQUIRED – ONLY TOEFL FOR INTL APPLICANTS)
Applicants who have not completed their high school education in one of the countries listed here should apply to the EMBA as early as possible to demonstrate their English proficiency. English proficiency is established the following:
- Earning a 79+ TOEFL score or a 6.5+ IELTS score
If the applicant meets all of the following criteria, alternative assessment for establishing English proficiency may be pursued:
- Working for the last three+ years in a native English speaking country
- Possessing skills and expertise that would require extensive and fluent use of the English language
- Not applying early enough to be able to take a TOEFL/IELTS before the next intake period of the EMBA program
3. ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS- Please Upload All to the Online Application
- Letter of Corporate Support – Acknowledging your application to the program from your manager or someone within your company (on corporate letterhead)
- Personal Statement – To help the admissions committee gain a better understanding of you, your career to date, and your career aspirations, please answer the following questions to complete your personal statement.
- What are your main achievements in your current position? (approximately 400 words)
- Why do you wish to study for the EMBA in Energy degree? Your statement should focus on the specific organizational, strategic and/or financial challenges you are currently facing and explain how you think the degree will help you address these challenges. (approximately 400 words)
- Going forward, what are your career goals and how will the EMBA in Energy program help you achieve them? (approximately 400 words)
- What attributes and activities of yours are indicative of you achieving the program’s aspirational goal of creating energy industry leaders and providing a pathway for its graduates to the C-suite of energy companies? (approximately 250 words)
- While in the program, how will you approach balancing the demands of the program with your professional and personal life? (approximately 250 words)
- With a goal of creating a sense of camaraderie among the class, what will your fellow students be pleasantly surprised to learn about you? (approximately 200 words)
4. OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS- Submit your transcript from every college attended. Have official transcripts mailed to:
Office of Admissions and Records
University of Oklahoma
1000 Asp Ave., Room 127
Norman, OK 73019-4076
5. APPLICATION FEE- $50 domestic applicants/$100 international applicants
Once this information is submitted, Price College uses a rolling admissions process to evaluate each candidate. Prospective students should expect to be contacted within 2 business days of their finalized application. Those that have successfully met the criteria will be invited to participate in an online interview with members of the selection committee. Students should expect to hear back within two weeks of their interview on their acceptance to the EMBA program.
We encourage all candidates to apply early for best consideration. For applicants to be guaranteed consideration for a given start date, all application materials, including official exam scores, must be received by the following deadline dates.
- FALL START - June 30
- SPRING START - November 30
If you have any questions, please contact us and we will be in touch shortly.