DUAL MBA DEGREE PROGRAMS
A dual degree allows students the ability to complete degrees in two different areas of study. This program prepares our students in the business field with graduate professional training in another field. To obtain a dual degree, the student must satisfy the admission, course, and examination requirements of both programs. Students must be admitted to both programs before 12 credit hours of program work have been completed in either program. Price School offers these dual degree programs:
- MS-MIS/MBA-The joint MBA/MS in MIS program allows students to develop a broad general business background along with a deeper understanding of information technology. Students are given the information needed to manage information technology firms as well as other areas of business. Curriculum information can be found here.
- MACC/MBA- The joint Master of Accountancy/MBA program allows students to develop in-depth accounting and financial management expertise along with a broader general business perspective. Graduates meet the educational requirements to sit for the CPA exam in most jurisdictions and are particularly well-suited for successful careers in corporate accounting and finance. Curriculum information can found here.
- JD/MBA - The University of Oklahoma's dual Juris Doctor/Master of Business Administration degree is designed to provide professionals with legal training and managerial skills to achieve high levels of career success in an increasingly complex world. With the benefit of the degrees from two of Oklahoma's top programs, JD/MBA graduates go on to be corporate lawyers and run their own law firms and businesses.
The JD/MBA program is a four-year program at OU. Students typically complete one full year of MBA coursework, and the remaining three years are spent at the law school, additionally taking a few remaining MBA courses in those three years as they fit a student’s schedule. In the dual program, students can use nine hours of law coursework toward their MBA electives requirement, and ten hours of MBA coursework toward their law requirements, saving a total of 19 hours compared with completing the JD and MBA degrees separately. Persons interested in pursuing the dual JD/ MBA program must make regular application for admission to and be accepted by both the College of Law and the MBA Program.
- B.S. in IE/MBA - This program provides an accelerated track for undergraduate Industrial Engineering students who want to pursue an MBA. This dual degree is referred to the 3-2 program,which is designed for Industrial Engineering students with managerial skills. Students apply for the joint program their junior year of undergraduate studies. You can find more information regarding the program's curriculum here.
- B.S. in PE/MBA - This five-year program provides an accelerated track for undergraduate Petroleum Engineering students who want to pursue an MBA. Students apply for the joint program in their junior year of undergraduate studies. You can find more information regarding the program's curriculum here.
Generic Dual Degree Master's Programs
In addition to the above approved dual MBA degree programs, a student may seek dual master's degrees in any two areas of their choosing. To pursue the generic dual master's degree, the student must be admitted to both programs before 12 credit hours of program work is completed in either program.
The requirements for the program are:
- All degree requirements, including research tools, foreign languages, comprehensive examination, thesis and deficiencies, must be met for both programs.
- Up to 20% of the total graduate credit hours required for both degrees taken individually may be double counted, e.g., counted as credit for both master´s programs.
- The double–counted courses must be appropriate for each degree.
- The student will not receive either degree until coursework for both degrees is completed.