How to Apply
Admission to the OU Professional MBA program is highly competitive and selective. Because of the nature of our accelerated eight-week modules, we are looking for applicants that have both the ability and desire to thrive within a demanding and stimulating environment. We value a wide range of backgrounds and perspectives in our classroom so we encourage applicants from a variety of academic and professional backgrounds to apply.
When to Apply
We now offer Spring 2020 admission for a small number of students. The application deadline for January 2020 admission is December 6, 2019.
The application deadline for Fall 2020 admission is May 15, 2020.
Admission Material Details
We will ask you for standard information about your personal, professional, and educational background. You can save the application and finish it later if you are not quite ready to submit it. Please be sure to check that you have selected the appropriate graduate program and start date. Even though the MBA program is delivered in Oklahoma City, you will select “Norman campus” when asked for the Campus you are applying to. [Back to Top]
The non-refundable application fee covers the cost of processing the application. The application fee is $98 for domestic applicants and $148 for international applicants.
We do not offer application fee waivers. [Back to Top]
Upload an unofficial copy of your transcript from your last degree-granting institution to the online application and request for an official transcript to be sent to OU. [Back to Top]
Official Paper Transcripts can be sent to:
University of Oklahoma
Office of Graduate Admissions
731 Elm Avenue, Room 318
Norman, OK 73019
Official Electronic Transcripts can be sent to:
Applicants to OU’s Professional MBA program are required to submit a GMAT or GRE score as a part of their application. Please use the links below to learn more about the acceptable assessment options. Scores submitted must be less than 5 years old at the date of submission.
The Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) is designed to assess students’ quantitative and verbal aptitudes and is required for admission to many graduate programs. The GRE measures verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking, and analytical writing skills. The GRE is composed of three sections: Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, and Analytical Writing. The test is administered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS).
The Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) is designed to assess certain analytical, writing, quantitative, verbal, and reading skills for use in admission to graduate management programs. It requires knowledge of specific grammar, algebra, geometry, and arithmetic competencies. The GMAT assesses analytical writing and problem-solving abilities, while also addressing data sufficiency, logic, and critical reasoning skills. The GMAT exam consists of four sections: an analytical writing assessment, an integrated reasoning section, a quantitative section, and a verbal section. The test is administered by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC).
Entrance Exam Waivers:
The OU Professional MBA program will consider applicants who wish to apply for admission to the program without a GMAT/GRE score. All Entrance Exam waiver applications will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, and the granting of waivers cannot be guaranteed. A denial of this request does not preclude you from taking the GMAT/GRE and continuing to apply for admission to the Professional MBA program.
We look at three main criteria as a basis for the waiver request, and require that waiver applicants meet at least two of the three:
1. A minimum GPA of 3.30 or higher from most recent Bachelor's or Master's degree completed
2. A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
3. Has demonstrated quantitative aptitude (such as work projects, academic coursework, STEM degrees, or other)
Process for applying for an entrance exam waiver:
1. Submit your online application to the Professional MBA program. A complete application includes your résumé, statement of goals, transcripts, and the $50 application fee.
2. Email email@example.com after you have submitted your online application, and request a copy of the Entrance Exam Waiver Application Form.
3. Waiver interviews will be offered by invitation only.
4. While you wait for a decision, we strongly recommend moving forward with studying and preparing for the GMAT/GRE so that you still have time to take it should your request be denied.
* Applicants to the Full-time MBA or other graduate programs in Price College are not eligible for this waiver request.
* Candidates not approved for an Entrance Exam Wavier may be eligible to take the Executive Assessment upon recommendation by the Admissions Committee
Provide a copy of an up-to-date professional résumé. Include information about full-time positions, military assignments, and significant part-time or summer work experiences. Résumés should also list education history with dates of attendance and graduation. [Back to Top]
Explain why you want to pursue the Price MBA. What career path do you want to pursue? Why? What actions have you taken to understand it? How can this program assist you in achieving this career goal? (500 words maximum).
Please select one of the essays below to provide the admissions committee additional information about yourself. (300 words maximum).
1. Describe the value you bring to the Price MBA.
2. Describe a transformational experience that has changed your worldview.
3. Describe a time when you had to adapt to a major change in your personal or professional life. How did you navigate the situation?
4. Describe a situation where you faced an ethical dilemma. What decisions did you have to make and what did you learn?
Please use this optional essay if you feel there are unaddressed gaps in your educational background or professional experience. If the rest of your application and the above essays represent you fairly, you do not need to respond. (200 words maximum). [Back to Top]
The admissions committee will contact you via email to schedule the interview at a mutually convenient time. Interviews can be conducted in-office, over Skype/Facetime, or over the phone. [Back to Top]