Program Area: Knowledge management, End user security
Office: Adams Hall Room 305D
Phone: (405) 325-3213
Address: 307 West Brooks, Adams Hall Room 305D
Norman, OK 73019
Associate Professor of Management Information Systems
Alexandra Durcikova is an Assistant Professor in the Price College of Business at the University of Oklahoma. She has two research streams. The first stream focuses on the adoption of Electronic Knowledge Repositories (EKR) by individuals in organizational settings. The second stream focuses on end-user security behavior; specifically, the goal is to develop a deeper understanding of how different types of technical controls and educational controls influence employees’ compliance with security policies. Alexandra relies primarily on survey methods and experiments. Her work appeared in ISR, JMIS, CAIS, I&M, CACM, IJHCS, and IJKM.
- Ph.D. in Management Information Systems, 2004
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) – Solid State Physics, 1994
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
- NSF grant ($500,000) research project titled "TWC SBE: Small: Building the human firewall: Developing organizational resistance to semantic security threats." 2014, Co-PI
- DHS/OIS Post Apprehensive Survey of Illegal Immigrants ($496,928) 2011 (Awarder to Borders, project lead)
- Best Paper Award in the Knowledge Management Systems Track at HICSS 2010
- Dean’s Award for Undergraduate Teaching Excellence 2009-2010
- CITeR Research Award ($40,000) 2010 (awarded to J. Jenkins, G. Ross, A. Durcikova, and J. Nunamaker)
- IBM Faculty Research Award ($40,000) 2008
2. Choi, M. S. and Durcikova, A., "Are Printed Documents Becoming Irrelevant? The Role of Perceived Usefulness of Knowledge Repositories in Selecting From Knowledge Sources," Communications of the Association for Information Systems: Vol. 34, Article 38, 2014
3. Currim, S., Ram, S., and Durcikova, A., and Currim F: “Using a Knowledge Learning Framework to Predict Errors in Database Design,” Information Systems Journal, 40, pp.11-31, 2014.
4. Carl, K., S. Brown, M. Dror, A. Durcikova, “Bicycle Tours: Perceived Exertion of a Daily Path,” Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, 9(2), pp. 203-216, 2013.
5. Jenkins, J., Durcikova, A., Burns, M.B. “Simplicity is Bliss: Controlling Extraneous Cognitive Load in Online Security Training to Promote Secure Behavior,” Journal of Organizational and End User Computing, 25(3), pp.52-66, 2013.
6. McCoy, S., Cha, H-S, Durcikova, A. “Modeling Internet Diffusion in Developing countries,” Australian Journal of Information Systems, 17(2), pp. 5-20, 2012.
7. Durcikova, A., Fadel, K.J., Butler, B., and Galletta, D. “Knowledge Exploration and Exploitation: The Impacts of Psychological Climate and Knowledge Management System Access,” Information Systems Research, 22 (4), pp. 835-866, 2011.
8. Hung, S-Y., Durcikova, A., Lai, H-M, Lin W-M “The Influence of Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivation on Individual's Knowledge Sharing Behavior,” International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, Volume 69, pp. 415-427, 2011.
9. Fadel, K.J., Durcikova, A, and Cha, H.S., “Information Influence in Mediated Knowledge Transfer: An Experimental Test of Elaboration Likelihood,” International Journal of Knowledge Management, Volume 5, No. 4, pp. 26-42, 2009.
10. Durcikova, A., and Gray, P., “How Knowledge Validation Affects Knowledge Contribution,” Journal of Management Information Systems, 25 (4), pp. 81-107, 2009.
11. Gray, P., and Durcikova, A., “The Role of Knowledge Repositories in Technical Support Environments: Speed Versus Learning in User Performance,” Journal of Management Information Systems, 22(3), 2005-06.
12. Galletta, D., Durcikova, A., Everard, A., Jones, B., “Does Spell-Checking Software Need a Warning Label?” Communications of the ACM, Volume 48, Issue 7, 2005.
13. Durcikova, A., and Everard, A., "Managing the Corporate Zoo: a Knowledge Management Perspective," Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management, Volume 2, Issue 1, 2005.