Order Your OU Transcript
Requesting OU Transcripts
If you are in the campus area, you can get a copy of your OU transcript in person at the Office of Enrollment Services and Academic Records in Buchanan Hall, 1000 Asp Avenue room 230. Photo ID is required. Regular business hours are Monday-Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
If you are not in the campus area, to get a copy of your OU transcript you can either fax or mail a request, or order a transcript online.
Main campus students should request transcripts from
Office of Academic Records
1000 Asp, Room 230
Norman, OK 73019-4076
College of Liberal Studies and OU Outreach Advanced Programs students should request transcripts from
Outreach Registration and Records
1700 Asp Ave room B-1
Norman OK 73071-6400
Fax: (405) 325-7273
Phone: (405) 325-1022
Transcript request form (PDF opens in new window) - can be filled out online, printed, signed and mailed or faxed.
In your request you need to include:
- full name(s) under which you have been enrolled at OU
- student ID number or Social Security number
- date of birth
- date(s) of attendance at the University and/or graduation date
- number of transcripts requested
- address(es) where transcripts are to be mailed and the number of copies to each address (if applicable).
- phone number and address to contact in the event more information is needed.
- indicate if you want transcript sent now, held for current semester grades, or held until degree is posted
- SIGNATURE- In accordance with federal legislation, a transcript CANNOT be processed without the signature of the student. This must be an original signature. Computer generated signatures are not sufficient to meet federal legislation.
An official transcript will be mailed within 3 to 5 working days upon receipt of a completed request containing the above information (including SIGNATURE).
Written authorization is required to release your transcript to another person, and the person picking up your transcript must show a photo ID.
There is no charge for transcripts.
Note: If you have an outstanding financial obligation to the University, your transcript cannot be processed until that has been satisfied through the appropriate office. If your account has a hold, the university will notify you at that time.
Ordering Transcripts Online
The University of Oklahoma has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the Web. You can order transcripts using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed.
- To order an official transcript(s), login to the Clearinghouse secure site.
- The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session. A processing fee will be charged per recipient.
- Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also track your order online.
You can order transcripts to be mailed or faxed through the Clearinghouse. Faxed transcripts are not official and you should order an official also to follow in the mail.
Receive Transcript by Return Fax
For a $10 service charge, an unofficial transcript will be faxed providing the student furnishes the following additional information in the transcript request:
- credit card type, complete card number, expiration date, verification number (three digits on VISA/MC or DISCOVER, four digits on AMEX), cardholder name and billing address
- fax number and contact person
- daytime telephone number
IMPORTANT!!! Until payment of this $10 fee is received in the Office of Academic Records, there will be a HOLD on the release of any further transcripts!
REMEMBER...transcripts which are faxed are NOT "official" transcripts. The faxed document is an "unofficial" student copy ONLY! Also please keep in mind that transcripts printed on security paper can be difficult to read when faxed.
Receive Transcript By Express Mail Service
In order for a transcript to be sent by a mail service (other than standard US Postal Service), you must furnish the Office of Academic Records with:
- prepaid mailer
- credit card type, complete card number, expiration date, verification number (three digits on VISA/MC/DISCOVER, four digits on AMEX), cardholder name and billing address
- Federal Express account number
If you are a current student you can view your unofficial transcript on the web through the Transcript link in the Academic Profile channel on your Academics tab in ozone.ou.edu. If you have a printer attached to your computer, and you do not have a financial hold with the University, you can print an unofficial transcript.
Grades and Degrees Posted
Most grades are posted to official transcripts approximately 7 days after the last day of final examinations.
Degrees for spring graduates are typically posted to the permanent records in mid-June, fall degrees are posted in mid-February, and summer degrees in mid-September.