ADVISING INFORMATION FOR ALL STUDENTS:
You may now schedule your advising appointment for the summer and fall 2020 semesters. Please read the information below regarding your specific instructions for making advising appointments.
Before scheduling your advising appointment, please note that Spring Break is March 16th-20th! The University will be open during that time and there will be appointments available for advising, but please do not schedule an appointment if you will be out of town or will otherwise be unable to attend. If you do schedule an appointment during Spring Break and later find that you will be unable to attend, please cancel your appointment and reschedule as soon as possible.
PRIORITY ENROLLMENT DATES
Students with early enrollment privileges will be allowed to enroll during the week of March 23rd. Your actual enrollment window will be determined by the number of credit hours you have earned plus your current spring semester enrollment as of February 3, 2020.
You may view your enrollment window on ONE by clicking on the “Academics” tab and then select “Enrollment.” As soon as ONE is updated to include Fall 2020, your enrollment window will be listed in the blue box at the top of the screen. NOTE: Early enrollment windows are manually entered and will not be on ONE for several weeks into the semester. If your early enrollment date is incorrect the week before you should be able to enroll, please contact our office so we can notify the Office of Registrar to make the correction.
IT'S TIME TO MAKE YOUR SUMMER/FALL 2020 ADVISING APPOINTMENT!
- You may schedule your appointment now at http://iadvise.ou.edu (Use the link marked “at OU Scholars,” then select “Make Appointment” to access available appointments).
- So that your advisor may prepare for your session, please indicate the following information on your reservation:
- Check the box “ADVISE (NEXT SEMESTER).”
- Please list your intended major/minor choice(s) under “BRIEF EXPLANATION.”
- You may also view, cancel, or reschedule your appointment on iAdvise at any time if necessary.
- If the system does not recognize your Sooner ID or takes you to the University College reservation system, please call the office at 405-325-2851 during business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM) and we will schedule your appointment for you.
- Advising appointments fill very quickly, so don’t procrastinate! It is essential that you make every effort to attend your scheduled appointment! Please note that if you miss two consecutive appointments, you will be required to call the office to schedule any additional appointments.
- Under no circumstances should you miss a class to attend your advising appointment! If you have class conflicts with all available appointments, please email your advisor.
- We do open new appointments regularly, so check back if you want to try to make an earlier appointment than what is currently available on iAdvise.
- Advising sessions are 45 minutes in length. If 45 minutes is not sufficient, your advisor can set up a follow-up appointment to finalize advising and answer any additional questions.
- Keep in mind that you will not be enrolling during your advising appointment. If you are not able to get an appointment right away, it is OK—your enrollment will not open until the week of March 23rd.
- Early Enrollment begins the week of March 23rd! As a first-year OU Scholar you will be eligible to enroll during that week; the exact date and time will depend on the number of credit hours you will have completed at the end of the spring 2020 semester. Remember, you cannot enroll until you have been advised! Make sure to schedule your advising appointment soon to ensure that you will be advised prior to your early enrollment date.
DON'T FORGET ABOUT YOUR ACADEMIC RESOURCES!
Visit the Student Learning Center website for details regarding Action Tutoring, Study Nights, Study Consultations,and more!
OU SCHOLARS PROGRAM NEWS
Here are some important things you should remember:
- For questions about your scholarship please contact:
- Award of Excellence scholarship: Contact OU Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Distinguished Scholar Award: Contact OU Scholarships Office, email@example.com
- National Award: Contact OU Diversity Enrichment Programs, 325-2151, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regents Award: Contact National Scholars Program, 325-1290, email@example.com
- National Merit: Contact National Scholars Program, 325-1290, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For a copy of the Class of 2023 New Sooner Guide (formerly known as the Graduation Planner) please go to The New Sooner Guide.