WELCOME TO OU AND YOUR FIRST SEMESTER AS A SOONER!
Please join us for an open house on Friday, August 16 from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm! We will have some light refershments and you will have an opportunity to visit with your advisor as well as Honors College Dean Gaffin and Associate Dean Hamerla.
Do you have any last-minute questions about your fall 2019 schedule?
Stop by during our walk-in hours! Our office will be open and available to assist with any questions on a walk-in basis during the following times:
- Thursday, August 15: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Friday, August 16: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Saturday, August 17: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sunday, August 18: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Monday, August 19 - Friday, August 30: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Please note the following deadlines for adding and dropping classes:
Final Date to Add Classes: Friday, August 23rd. Special permission from the instructor and/or department will be required to add ANY class - even changing from one section of a course to another - after this date. Advisors cannot give permission for late adds.
Final Date to drop Classes With No Record on Transcript: Friday, August 30th. If you drop a class after this date you will automatically receive a W on your transcript; the W will count toward your 5-W career limit.
On August 1, you should have received an invitation in your OU email account from the address "OU Canvas" with a subject line of "Course Invitation." Unfortunately, we have been experiencing some technical difficulties, so if you did not receive a Canvas invitation in your OU email, please login to https://canvas.ou.edu and you should be able to accept the workshop invitation directly. If you are still not able to access the workshop, please email your OU Scholars advisor ASAP so that we can resolve any issues. This is a required component of your scholarship and must be completed prior to midnight on August 31st. If you do not complete the online workshop by August 31st, you will be penalized one semester of early enrollment. Please note - you have not officially completed the OU Scholars Workshop requirement until you have submitted your answers to the quiz!
DON'T FORGET ABOUT YOUR ACADEMIC RESOURCES!
Visit the Student Learning Center website for details regarding Action Tutoring, Study Nights, Study Consultations,and more!
OU SCHOLARS PROGRAM NEWS
Here are some important things you should remember:
- For questions about your scholarship please contact:
- Award of Excellence scholarship: Contact OU Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Distinguished Scholar Award: Contact OU Scholarships Office, email@example.com
- National Award: Contact OU Diversity Enrichment Programs, 325-2151, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regents Award: Contact National Scholars Program, 325-1290, email@example.com
- National Merit: Contact National Scholars Program, 325-1290, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For a copy of the Class of 2023 New Sooner Guide (formerly known as the Graduation Planner) please go to The New Sooner Guide.