Thomas D. McKeown Photo Collection
1. Oklahoma congressional delegation meets as the 71st Congress opens. Left to right, front row: Rep. Charles O'Connor, Rep. W. W. Hastings, Sen. Elmer Thomas, and Rep. James V. McClintic. Back row: Eugene Lorton (publisher of the Tulsa World), Rep. Wilburn Cartwright, Rep. Jed Johnson, Sr., Rep. Milton Garber, Rep. U. S. Stone, and Rep. Thomas D. McKeown. Names are written on the photo. Washington, D.C., circa 1930. Negative.
2. Group of women posed outside for the camera. The U.S. Capitol is visible in the background. Left to right: Mrs. William W. Arnold of Illinois, Mrs. Charles Underhill of Massachusetts, Mrs. William Driver of Arkansas, Mrs. James Buchanan of Texas, Mrs. John Kindred of New York, Mrs. James H. MacLafferty of California, Mrs. John F. Miller of Washington, and Mrs. Thomas L. Rubey of Missouri. Kneeling, left to right: Mrs. Frank Crowthers of New York and Mrs. Hampton Fulmer of South Carolina. Photo envelope said that these women were possibly wives of congressman. Also, there were no husband's first names on the envelope. After a check of the Biographical Directory of the American Congress, husbands' names were found for all. Washington, D.C. Circa 1920s.
3. Group of women posed outside for the camera. The U.S. Capitol is visible in the background. The photo is identified as "Group 4.' Standing left to right: Mrs. Frank Gardner of Indiana, Mrs. Ashton Shallenberger of Nebraska, Mrs. Thomas D. McKeown of Oklahoma, Mrs. Earle Mayfield of Texas, Mrs. John Tillman of Arkansas, Mrs. Richard Elliot of Indiana, and Mrs. Ralph Lozier of Missouri. Kneeling left to right: Mrs. William E. Wilson of Indiana, Miss Isabelle Wilson of Indiana (daughter of Mrs. William E. ?); Mrs. William R. Wood of Indiana. Photo envelope said that these women were possibly wives (and daughter) of congressmen. Also, there were no husband's first names on the envelope. After a check of the Biographical Directory of the American Congress, husbands' names were found for all. Washington, D.C. Circa 1920s.
4. U.S. Capitol dome with flowers, trees, and pool in front. Color. c. 1920
5. Three people on a wagon pulled by a mule. Two of the people may be Native American. In the background are bottles of liquor (moonshine?) on shelves. A sign on a wall states "Arkansaw Travelers Saloon." May 1930.
6. Oklahoma Delegation to Congress with Eugene Lorton, publisher of the Tulsa World, 1929. (L to R) Charles O'Connor, Lorton, Wilburn Cartwright,
William W. Hastings, Jed Johnson, Elmer Thomas, Milton Garber, Jim McClintic, U. S. Stone, and Tom B. McKeown. Henry Miller News Picture Service.